Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Kids have been jumping around (and sometimes even floating away) in bounce castles for decades, but as part of the latest fitness craze, trampoline parks are popping up everywhere. Of course, all of this untethered bouncing comes with its own set of unusual risks.
This has prompted the International Association of Trampoline Parks (IATP) to help lead the development of a new ASTM safety standard that will significantly enhance consumer experience in both existing and new facilities while promoting consistency and industry-wide practices. The standard provides owners and facility managers of trampoline parks guidance for planning, operation, signage, and patron education, while establishing clear, responsible-conduct guidelines (ASTM F2970-13, Practice for the Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts) for the public.
“Our mission is to help our industry raise the bar relative to risk management and look for ways to improve park operations and design,” said Jeff Platt, Chairman of IATP and a member of the F24.60 Trampoline Court Task Group. “We are very proud of the progress we have made over the past 18 months. This standard is a major step forward to make our industry safer.”
The new standard; ASTM F2970 – 13 Standard Practice for Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts is available at: www.astm.org/Standards/F2970.htm. To purchase ASTM standards, visit www.astm.org.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades