Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Kids have been jumping around (and sometimes even floating away) in bounce castles for decades, but as part of the latest fitness craze, trampoline parks are popping up everywhere. Of course, all of this untethered bouncing comes with its own set of unusual risks.
This has prompted the International Association of Trampoline Parks (IATP) to help lead the development of a new ASTM safety standard that will significantly enhance consumer experience in both existing and new facilities while promoting consistency and industry-wide practices. The standard provides owners and facility managers of trampoline parks guidance for planning, operation, signage, and patron education, while establishing clear, responsible-conduct guidelines (ASTM F2970-13, Practice for the Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts) for the public.
“Our mission is to help our industry raise the bar relative to risk management and look for ways to improve park operations and design,” said Jeff Platt, Chairman of IATP and a member of the F24.60 Trampoline Court Task Group. “We are very proud of the progress we have made over the past 18 months. This standard is a major step forward to make our industry safer.”
The new standard; ASTM F2970 – 13 Standard Practice for Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts is available at: www.astm.org/Standards/F2970.htm. To purchase ASTM standards, visit www.astm.org.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation