Friday Funny: New Rules For Safe Bouncing
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Kids have been jumping around (and sometimes even floating away) in bounce castles for decades, but as part of the latest fitness craze, trampoline parks are popping up everywhere. Of course, all of this untethered bouncing comes with its own set of unusual risks.
This has prompted the International Association of Trampoline Parks (IATP) to help lead the development of a new ASTM safety standard that will significantly enhance consumer experience in both existing and new facilities while promoting consistency and industry-wide practices. The standard provides owners and facility managers of trampoline parks guidance for planning, operation, signage, and patron education, while establishing clear, responsible-
“Our mission is to help our industry raise the bar relative to risk management and look for ways to improve park operations and design,” said Jeff Platt, Chairman of IATP and a member of the F24.60 Trampoline Court Task Group. “We are very proud of the progress we have made over the past 18 months. This standard is a major step forward to make our industry safer.”
The new standard for trampoline courts; ASTM F2970 – 13 Standard Practice for Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts is available at: www.astm.org/
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.