Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Kids have been jumping around (and sometimes even floating away) in bounce castles for decades, but as part of the latest fitness craze, trampoline parks are popping up everywhere. Of course, all of this untethered bouncing comes with its own set of unusual risks.
This has prompted the International Association of Trampoline Parks (IATP) to help lead the development of a new ASTM safety standard that will significantly enhance consumer experience in both existing and new facilities while promoting consistency and industry-wide practices. The standard provides owners and facility managers of trampoline parks guidance for planning, operation, signage, and patron education, while establishing clear, responsible-
“Our mission is to help our industry raise the bar relative to risk management and look for ways to improve park operations and design,” said Jeff Platt, Chairman of IATP and a member of the F24.60 Trampoline Court Task Group. “We are very proud of the progress we have made over the past 18 months. This standard is a major step forward to make our industry safer.”
The new standard for trampoline courts; ASTM F2970 – 13 Standard Practice for Design, Manufacture, Installation, Operation, Maintenance, Inspection and Major Modification of Trampoline Courts is available at: www.astm.org/
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention