Recently, the issue of openly carrying a firearm in public (“open carry”) has been in the news more frequently.
Retailers including Starbucks and Chipotle have explicitly requested that customers not bring loaded firearms into their stores. And late last month, restaurant chains Sonic and Chili’s both issued statements asking patrons not to openly carry guns into their restaurants.
Do you manage facilities located in a state that allows open carry? What has your experience been? And, are there facility security procedures in place specific to this scenario?
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts