Recently, the issue of openly carrying a firearm in public (“open carry”) has been in the news more frequently.
Retailers including Starbucks and Chipotle have explicitly requested that customers not bring loaded firearms into their stores. And late last month, restaurant chains Sonic and Chili’s both issued statements asking patrons not to openly carry guns into their restaurants.
Do you manage facilities located in a state that allows open carry? What has your experience been? And, are there facility security procedures in place specific to this scenario?
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation