Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has designated BOMI International’s curriculum as aligning with the skills and competencies required to meet the standards identified in the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA). This designation recognizes the value of BOMI International courses in providing federal building and facility personnel critical training and education to manage, operate, and maintain federal buildings and facilities.
Given the requirements mandated in the FBPTA, GSA worked with industry experts to develop the core competencies individuals need to perform key job functions in property and facility management. These competencies were then aligned with eligible education providers.
GSA’s National Program Manager, Brian Gilligan, PE, LEED-AP, said of BOMI International’s program, “The Facilities Management Institute of GSA has completed a comprehensive review of BOMI International’s RPA and FMA Designation Programs, including 18 of the required and elective courses that contribute toward them. These qualifications are ‘FBPTA-Aligned,’ recognized by GSA as means to demonstrate compliance with many of the competencies defined for the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.”
BOMI International’s President and CEO, Jeffrey A. Horn, added, “We are very pleased to receive this recognition from the General Services Administration. BOMI International has a long roster of students and designation holders who work for the federal government. This evaluation demonstrates that we continue to support these agencies through educational offerings aligned with the new FBPTA mandates.”
Visit the Facilities Management Institute’s website for more information. At the site, federal personnel can download the 2013 Recommended Curriculum or try the Skills Assessment Tool to learn more about the BOMI International RPA and FMA Designation Programs.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices