Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has designated BOMI International’s curriculum as aligning with the skills and competencies required to meet the standards identified in the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA). This designation recognizes the value of BOMI International courses in providing federal building and facility personnel critical training and education to manage, operate, and maintain federal buildings and facilities.
Given the requirements mandated in the FBPTA, GSA worked with industry experts to develop the core competencies individuals need to perform key job functions in property and facility management. These competencies were then aligned with eligible education providers.
GSA’s National Program Manager, Brian Gilligan, PE, LEED-AP, said of BOMI International’s program, “The Facilities Management Institute of GSA has completed a comprehensive review of BOMI International’s RPA and FMA Designation Programs, including 18 of the required and elective courses that contribute toward them. These qualifications are ‘FBPTA-Aligned,’ recognized by GSA as means to demonstrate compliance with many of the competencies defined for the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act.”
BOMI International’s President and CEO, Jeffrey A. Horn, added, “We are very pleased to receive this recognition from the General Services Administration. BOMI International has a long roster of students and designation holders who work for the federal government. This evaluation demonstrates that we continue to support these agencies through educational offerings aligned with the new FBPTA mandates.”
Visit the Facilities Management Institute’s website for more information. At the site, federal personnel can download the 2013 Recommended Curriculum or try the Skills Assessment Tool to learn more about the BOMI International RPA and FMA Designation Programs.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management