Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Good news: America’s workers, by a 2 to 1 margin, believe their employer “cares about my health.”
Bad news: These employees often lack resources that can actually improve their health, such as weight management programs, exercise classes, company-run health/
wellness programs, on-site fitness equipment, health coaches, or healthy food options.
This paradox is revealed in an online survey conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of Provant, a leading national population health management company.
Workers were asked, “Which of the following, if any, does your workplace provide/allow to support employees’ health/healthy habits? Please select all that apply.” None of these options broke the 25% threshold:
Workers were also asked how strongly they agreed or disagreed with the statement, “I feel like my employer cares about my health.” Sixty-six (66) percent chose the answer “somewhat agree” or “strongly agree.”
“Employees who are healthy are more engaged and more productive,” said Provant CEO Heather Provino. “When companies provide workplace wellness programs, workers see that their employers care about them. An additional benefit is that we find employers who link their wellness programs with their business strategies are more successful in achieving their organizational goals.”
“Removing barriers to health and wellness creates a dual bottom line for employees and employers,” said Provant Health Coach Candice Fioravanti, M.S. “Together, they enjoy lower costs, enhanced productivity, higher morale, more effective talent recruitment, and a strong corporate brand. The closer you look, the bigger the return on employers’ wellness investments.”
The Provant survey was conducted online within the United States by Harris Poll between April 24 and 28, 2014, among 2,130 adults aged 18 and older, of whom 923 are employed full/part time. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Energy, Water Conservation Measures Planned For Kentucky Prisons