New Product Flash: HOBO Plug Load Logger from Onset
Onset, designer and manufacturer of HOBO data loggers, has introduced its HOBO Plug Load Logger. The device measures and records the power and energy consumption of 120V plug loads from office equipment, vending machines, and other devices.
As plug load analysis has become a more integral part of identifying savings opportunities in office spaces, facility professionals responsible for reducing energy use can find these loggers useful to gather accurate, reliable data on the energy being consumed by office equipment, vending machines, and other like devices.
The HOBO Plug Load Logger provides 0.5% measurement accuracy with a measurement resolution of one watt, making it an attractive choice for facility audits where detailed energy use data is required. The logger can measure up to six parameters: True RMS Voltage, True RMS Current, Watts, Watt-hours/Kilowatt-hours, Apparent Power, and Power Factor. These multiple parameters provide a comprehensive plug load profile.
The HOBO Plug Load Logger helps to streamline energy auditing applications. It features an easy-to-view LCD that visually confirms operation and battery status, and displays real-time plug load variables without having to connect the logger to a computer to view information. The logger is capable of storing 1.9 million measurements, enabling faster logger intervals for more comprehensive plug load profiles, as well as longer deployment periods between offloads. The “Meter Mode” allows users to quickly get a read on the current energy use of a particular area with no software setup; this can be useful for walk-through audits or to identify which equipment is the best candidate for longer-term monitoring.
Once load data has been recorded with the HOBO Plug Load Logger, it can be viewed in graph form and analyzed using Onset’s HOBOware graphing and analysis software for Windows and Mac.
For more about managing plug loads, read “The Power Of Plugs” from the September 2013 issue of TFM.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.