The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) presented three Champion of Energy Efficiency Awards at its Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings. The awards recognize leadership and accomplishment in the energy efficiency field. Winners are selected based on demonstrated excellence in program implementation, research and development, energy policy, or private sector initiatives.
The winners for 2014 are:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Environmental Energy Technology Division for four decades of leadership on energy efficiency R&D, helping to improve buildings technology and systems in extensive collaboration with industry and states.
- Massachusetts Energy Efficiency Advisory Council for facilitating rapid growth in the use of energy efficiency as a resource in Massachusetts, more than doubling the annual energy savings achieved.
- Sheldon Strom for founding the Center for Energy and the Environment and leading its many successful endeavors over 35 years including contributions to the Next Generation Energy Act and the very practical “Minnesota Way” for implementing energy efficiency programs and policies.
The winners were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of ACEEE’s Board of Directors from an impressive group of nominations. Selection criteria was based on each nominee’s impact, innovation, and leadership in the energy efficiency field.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management