The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) presented three Champion of Energy Efficiency Awards at its Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Buildings. The awards recognize leadership and accomplishment in the energy efficiency field. Winners are selected based on demonstrated excellence in program implementation, research and development, energy policy, or private sector initiatives.
The winners for 2014 are:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Environmental Energy Technology Division for four decades of leadership on energy efficiency R&D, helping to improve buildings technology and systems in extensive collaboration with industry and states.
- Massachusetts Energy Efficiency Advisory Council for facilitating rapid growth in the use of energy efficiency as a resource in Massachusetts, more than doubling the annual energy savings achieved.
- Sheldon Strom for founding the Center for Energy and the Environment and leading its many successful endeavors over 35 years including contributions to the Next Generation Energy Act and the very practical “Minnesota Way” for implementing energy efficiency programs and policies.
The winners were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of ACEEE’s Board of Directors from an impressive group of nominations. Selection criteria was based on each nominee’s impact, innovation, and leadership in the energy efficiency field.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention