Is there a place in your facility that you thoroughly appreciate, enjoy, and are altogether proud of?
For better or worse, facility managers get to know every square inch of the facilities they oversee. From the main entrance to back offices to the storage areas, operating and maintaining buildings and their grounds is a job that presents many rewards.
Is it a vantage point that affords a view of a well landscaped lawn? Or a corridor where you’ve completed a lighting retrofit? Perhaps it’s the central plant that keeps your buildings humming behind the scenes. (Feel free to share a photo.)
On the flip side, is there an area that is a thorn in your (FM) side? The carpet that won’t stay clean; the odor that can’t be identified? In TFM‘s latest issue, FM Frequency columnist, Charles Carpenter, mentions the challenges presented by the office microwaves in his article… “they break; they trip circuit breakers; they stink; they are dirty; and there never seem to be enough of them.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention