Focus On: Life Safety
Today’s Facility Manager serves as a comprehensive resource for facility product and service buyers. In this web exclusive Life Safety product focus, the editors present several of the latest introductions to the market. Look for a variety of product categories to be highlighted online throughout the year. These are in addition to the products you will find featured in the magazine during 2014.
Mutualink K12 by Mutualink
Mutualink K12 is a secure multimedia communications platform designed and licensed exclusively for public, private, and parochial K-12 schools. It enhances school safety and security by establishing a direct link with police, fire, EMS, and other entities in emergency situations. The program includes an all-in-one gateway device to bridge radio, video, telephone, and public address/intercom systems. It also bridges a full complement of the school devices and media, unlike other security systems that only operate in a single media form. K12 features two types of panic buttons: one wired and one installed on smartphones, both connecting directly to law enforcement.
Safety Stair Treads by ZERO International
Safety Stair Treads feature an aluminum base with non-slip rubber, epoxy abrasive, and epoxy photoluminescent “glow” inserts for interior or exterior applications. The widths of these treads range from 2″ to 6″, and lengths are customized for each order. Safety Stair Treads provide safety, durability, and longevity and are suitable for schools, hospitals, and industrial buildings.
Fall Protection Grating System by Bilco
The redesigned Fall Protection Grating System provides a permanent means of fall protection under access doors. New features include a standard powder-coat paint finish and a pintle hinge design that allows the grating to open to the full 90° position, maximizing the area available for access. The system features stainless steel hardware for corrosion resistance, a grating panel with a padlock hasp for added security, aluminum grating with a safety yellow powder-coat paint finish, and a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty. The system also exceeds OSHA fall protection requirements.
NITEGLOW® by Wooster Products
NITEGLOW photoluminescent stair nosings provide evacuation safety in high-rise facilities with treads that illuminate for hours. These anti-slip stair nosings for new construction and treads for existing steps help to prevent slips and falls; both are suitable indoors or outdoors for all types of steps. NITEGLOW has been tested and approved for brightness per ISO 17398:2004, washability per ASTM D 4828-1994 (2003), toxicity bombardier per SMP 800-C R, radioactivity per ASTM D 3648-2004, and flame spread per ASTM D 635-2003.
CPR RsQ Assist®
CPR RsQ Assist is a hands only chest compression device designed to eliminate the intimidation factor of performing CPR. The device guides users through the steps of performing effective CPR, and can reduce fatigue and increase performance. CPR RsQ Assist features voice commands along with an audio and visual metronome. It talks users through the steps of calling 911, placing the device in the center of the victim’s chest, and instructs users to push 100 times per minute until help arrives. CPR RsQ Assist is FDA approved for use on people eight years and older and is available with a custom designed wall cabinet and signage for easy placement adjacent to an AED machine.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices