Focus On: Life Safety
Today’s Facility Manager serves as a comprehensive resource for facility product and service buyers. In this web exclusive Life Safety product focus, the editors present several of the latest introductions to the market. Look for a variety of product categories to be highlighted online throughout the year. These are in addition to the products you will find featured in the magazine during 2014.
Mutualink K12 by Mutualink
Mutualink K12 is a secure multimedia communications platform designed and licensed exclusively for public, private, and parochial K-12 schools. It enhances school safety and security by establishing a direct link with police, fire, EMS, and other entities in emergency situations. The program includes an all-in-one gateway device to bridge radio, video, telephone, and public address/intercom systems. It also bridges a full complement of the school devices and media, unlike other security systems that only operate in a single media form. K12 features two types of panic buttons: one wired and one installed on smartphones, both connecting directly to law enforcement.
Safety Stair Treads by ZERO International
Safety Stair Treads feature an aluminum base with non-slip rubber, epoxy abrasive, and epoxy photoluminescent “glow” inserts for interior or exterior applications. The widths of these treads range from 2″ to 6″, and lengths are customized for each order. Safety Stair Treads provide safety, durability, and longevity and are suitable for schools, hospitals, and industrial buildings.
Fall Protection Grating System by Bilco
The redesigned Fall Protection Grating System provides a permanent means of fall protection under access doors. New features include a standard powder-coat paint finish and a pintle hinge design that allows the grating to open to the full 90° position, maximizing the area available for access. The system features stainless steel hardware for corrosion resistance, a grating panel with a padlock hasp for added security, aluminum grating with a safety yellow powder-coat paint finish, and a 25 year manufacturer’s warranty. The system also exceeds OSHA fall protection requirements.
NITEGLOW® by Wooster Products
NITEGLOW photoluminescent stair nosings provide evacuation safety in high-rise facilities with treads that illuminate for hours. These anti-slip stair nosings for new construction and treads for existing steps help to prevent slips and falls; both are suitable indoors or outdoors for all types of steps. NITEGLOW has been tested and approved for brightness per ISO 17398:2004, washability per ASTM D 4828-1994 (2003), toxicity bombardier per SMP 800-C R, radioactivity per ASTM D 3648-2004, and flame spread per ASTM D 635-2003.
CPR RsQ Assist®
CPR RsQ Assist is a hands only chest compression device designed to eliminate the intimidation factor of performing CPR. The device guides users through the steps of performing effective CPR, and can reduce fatigue and increase performance. CPR RsQ Assist features voice commands along with an audio and visual metronome. It talks users through the steps of calling 911, placing the device in the center of the victim’s chest, and instructs users to push 100 times per minute until help arrives. CPR RsQ Assist is FDA approved for use on people eight years and older and is available with a custom designed wall cabinet and signage for easy placement adjacent to an AED machine.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Facilities Generate Revenue With Frequency Regulation
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?