Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Do you believe an industrial-sized waste stream from a ski resort could be made into a useful architectural accessory? What about trash from a coal mine being beautifully “repurposed” into a fantastic, durable garage floor?
What exactly is repurposing? According to the company’s website, it’s taking byproducts and waste from one industry and treating them in a way that makes them useful in another industry, but without all of the energy and effort necessary in recycling. So repurposing makes use of the products “as is” in creative and practical ways.
Here are some examples.
- Advertising Billboards repurposed as tarps for equipment, materials, etc.
- Scrap Conveyor Belting repurposed as protective mats, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as pond liners, etc.
- Super Sacks repurposed as waste and debris containers, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as heavy duty weed barriers and pond liner
- Filter Cloths repurposed as tough, yard debris tarps
- 275 gal Totes repurposed as water tanks, fire fighting rigs, etc
Repurposed Materials is a resource for companies in the market to purchase or dispose of waste byproducts and the subsequent products they make. And while the company got its start in materials, it is also interested in inventories, chemicals, food ingredients, or just about anything that is out-of-date, out-of-spec, or otherwise obsolete. Your trash may be treasure for someone else…or vice versa!
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation