Friday Funny: Repurposing With A Purpose
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Do you believe an industrial-sized waste stream from a ski resort could be made into a useful architectural accessory? What about trash from a coal mine being beautifully “repurposed” into a fantastic, durable garage floor?
What exactly is repurposing? According to the company’s website, it’s taking byproducts and waste from one industry and treating them in a way that makes them useful in another industry, but without all of the energy and effort necessary in recycling. So repurposing makes use of the products “as is” in creative and practical ways.
Here are some examples.
- Advertising Billboards repurposed as tarps for equipment, materials, etc.
- Scrap Conveyor Belting repurposed as protective mats, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as pond liners, etc.
- Super Sacks repurposed as waste and debris containers, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as heavy duty weed barriers and pond liner
- Filter Cloths repurposed as tough, yard debris tarps
- 275 gal Totes repurposed as water tanks, fire fighting rigs, etc
Repurposed Materials is a resource for companies in the market to purchase or dispose of waste byproducts and the subsequent products they make. And while the company got its start in materials, it is also interested in inventories, chemicals, food ingredients, or just about anything that is out-of-date, out-of-spec, or otherwise obsolete. Your trash may be treasure for someone else…or vice versa!
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.