Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Do you believe an industrial-sized waste stream from a ski resort could be made into a useful architectural accessory? What about trash from a coal mine being beautifully “repurposed” into a fantastic, durable garage floor?
What exactly is repurposing? According to the company’s website, it’s taking byproducts and waste from one industry and treating them in a way that makes them useful in another industry, but without all of the energy and effort necessary in recycling. So repurposing makes use of the products “as is” in creative and practical ways.
Here are some examples.
- Advertising Billboards repurposed as tarps for equipment, materials, etc.
- Scrap Conveyor Belting repurposed as protective mats, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as pond liners, etc.
- Super Sacks repurposed as waste and debris containers, etc.
- Rubber Roofing Membrane repurposed as heavy duty weed barriers and pond liner
- Filter Cloths repurposed as tough, yard debris tarps
- 275 gal Totes repurposed as water tanks, fire fighting rigs, etc
Repurposed Materials is a resource for companies in the market to purchase or dispose of waste byproducts and the subsequent products they make. And while the company got its start in materials, it is also interested in inventories, chemicals, food ingredients, or just about anything that is out-of-date, out-of-spec, or otherwise obsolete. Your trash may be treasure for someone else…or vice versa!
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event