July/August 2014 (Volume 27, Number 6)
FM Frequency: In-House Sociologist | Fms have to play amateur sociologist and deal with humankind; put on the persona, check emotions at the door, and go reset the circuit breaker.
Technology And FM: Wireless Control For Older Facilities | While not actually “set in stone,” mature buildings can gain a great deal from untethered controls.
Facility Retrofit: Biometric Entry | At the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Peck School of the Arts, hand reader systems solved security issues.
Services & Maintenance: Customized Bird Control | From office buildings to schools and other buildings, birds and their droppings create unsanitary conditions and add expense to facility maintenance.
Exterior Security Trends: The Long View | The solution lies in identifying the facility assets and prioritizing what is worth protecting with what level of force and intention.
FM Issue: Testing Emergency Generators | To ensure equipment will perform when needed, load banks should be included in trial runs for power generators.
Plumbing Special Feature: Emergency Shower Selection | As emergency shower product choices continue to evolve, fms and safety managers have better options for optimizing worker protection.
Cool Roofs Special Feature: Reflective Roofs | The use of white roofing materials has proliferated across the United States, but are these materials delivering on their energy efficient promise?
Higher Education Case Study: All About Business | The new L. William Seidman Center at Grand Valley State University (GSVU) achieved LEED Certification with both operations and maintenance in mind.
To subscribe to TFM, visit this link.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
Topic Tags: TFM-July/Aug-2014