FM Frequency: In-House Sociologist | Fms have to play amateur sociologist and deal with humankind; put on the persona, check emotions at the door, and go reset the circuit breaker.
Technology And FM: Wireless Control For Older Facilities | While not actually “set in stone,” mature buildings can gain a great deal from untethered controls.
Facility Retrofit: Biometric Entry | At the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (UWM) Peck School of the Arts, hand reader systems solved security issues.
Services & Maintenance: Customized Bird Control | From office buildings to schools and other buildings, birds and their droppings create unsanitary conditions and add expense to facility maintenance.
Exterior Security Trends: The Long View | The solution lies in identifying the facility assets and prioritizing what is worth protecting with what level of force and intention.
FM Issue: Testing Emergency Generators | To ensure equipment will perform when needed, load banks should be included in trial runs for power generators.
Plumbing Special Feature: Emergency Shower Selection | As emergency shower product choices continue to evolve, fms and safety managers have better options for optimizing worker protection.
Cool Roofs Special Feature: Reflective Roofs | The use of white roofing materials has proliferated across the United States, but are these materials delivering on their energy efficient promise?
Higher Education Case Study: All About Business | The new L. William Seidman Center at Grand Valley State University (GSVU) achieved LEED Certification with both operations and maintenance in mind.
To subscribe to TFM, visit this link.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
Topic Tags: TFM-July/Aug-2014