Posted by Heidi Schwartz
BOMI International’s President and CEO Jeffrey Horn announced the official release of High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles (HP Principles)—the first of three courses that comprise BOMI International’s new comprehensive High-Performance (HP) Program—developed in conjunction with BOMA Georgia.
Higher standards in energy-efficient programs and building code requirements have driven a demand to elevate the performance of current and future buildings. “The challenge is that high-performance buildings cannot function at peak efficiency levels without a properly educated management staff,” said Gabriel Eckert, executive director of BOMA Georgia.
“To meet this challenge, we worked closely with industry and subject matter experts to design the new HP Program, which teaches professionals how to effectively and profitably manage sustainable, energy-efficient buildings and facilities,” said Horn.
As the first course in the HP Program, HP Principles defines sustainability in the built environment and equips building personnel with the fundamentals needed to:
- understand and tackle building performance issues that impact local environmental issues and global climate change
- integrate high-performance building standards and guidelines
- identify and overcome the hurdles to achieving true high-performance
- attain top-to-bottom organizational buy-in for sustainable building initiatives
“High-performance buildings command stronger comparative market rents, occupancies, and valuations, and the new HP Principles course helps students understand the rapidly growing sustainable building market trend,” said lead subject matter expert David Pogue, LEED-AP, Global Director of Corporate Responsibility at CBRE. “Our goal from the beginning was to develop a complete and practical examination of the most important aspects of this complex subject, and I think we have achieved that here.”
There are no prerequisites for the HP Principles course—industry professionals of all levels are invited to participate. Those who successfully complete this course will earn credit for one of three courses required to earn BOMI International’s new High-Performance Certificate. Professionals who hold a Real Property Administrator (RPA®) or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA®) designation may apply the HP Principles course toward earning a new enhanced RPAHP® or FMAHP® Designation.
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation