Posted by Heidi Schwartz
BOMI International’s President and CEO Jeffrey Horn announced the official release of High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles (HP Principles)—the first of three courses that comprise BOMI International’s new comprehensive High-Performance (HP) Program—developed in conjunction with BOMA Georgia.
Higher standards in energy-efficient programs and building code requirements have driven a demand to elevate the performance of current and future buildings. “The challenge is that high-performance buildings cannot function at peak efficiency levels without a properly educated management staff,” said Gabriel Eckert, executive director of BOMA Georgia.
“To meet this challenge, we worked closely with industry and subject matter experts to design the new HP Program, which teaches professionals how to effectively and profitably manage sustainable, energy-efficient buildings and facilities,” said Horn.
As the first course in the HP Program, HP Principles defines sustainability in the built environment and equips building personnel with the fundamentals needed to:
- understand and tackle building performance issues that impact local environmental issues and global climate change
- integrate high-performance building standards and guidelines
- identify and overcome the hurdles to achieving true high-performance
- attain top-to-bottom organizational buy-in for sustainable building initiatives
“High-performance buildings command stronger comparative market rents, occupancies, and valuations, and the new HP Principles course helps students understand the rapidly growing sustainable building market trend,” said lead subject matter expert David Pogue, LEED-AP, Global Director of Corporate Responsibility at CBRE. “Our goal from the beginning was to develop a complete and practical examination of the most important aspects of this complex subject, and I think we have achieved that here.”
There are no prerequisites for the HP Principles course—industry professionals of all levels are invited to participate. Those who successfully complete this course will earn credit for one of three courses required to earn BOMI International’s new High-Performance Certificate. Professionals who hold a Real Property Administrator (RPA®) or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA®) designation may apply the HP Principles course toward earning a new enhanced RPAHP® or FMAHP® Designation.
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- York Chiller Mobile App
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals