New High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles Course Now Available
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
BOMI International’s President and CEO Jeffrey Horn announced the official release of High-Performance Sustainable Building Principles (HP Principles)—the first of three courses that comprise BOMI International’s new comprehensive High-Performance (HP) Program—developed in conjunction with BOMA Georgia.
Higher standards in energy-efficient programs and building code requirements have driven a demand to elevate the performance of current and future buildings. “The challenge is that high-performance buildings cannot function at peak efficiency levels without a properly educated management staff,” said Gabriel Eckert, executive director of BOMA Georgia.
“To meet this challenge, we worked closely with industry and subject matter experts to design the new HP Program, which teaches professionals how to effectively and profitably manage sustainable, energy-efficient buildings and facilities,” said Horn.
As the first course in the HP Program, HP Principles defines sustainability in the built environment and equips building personnel with the fundamentals needed to:
- understand and tackle building performance issues that impact local environmental issues and global climate change
- integrate high-performance building standards and guidelines
- identify and overcome the hurdles to achieving true high-performance
- attain top-to-bottom organizational buy-in for sustainable building initiatives
“High-performance buildings command stronger comparative market rents, occupancies, and valuations, and the new HP Principles course helps students understand the rapidly growing sustainable building market trend,” said lead subject matter expert David Pogue, LEED-AP, Global Director of Corporate Responsibility at CBRE. “Our goal from the beginning was to develop a complete and practical examination of the most important aspects of this complex subject, and I think we have achieved that here.”
There are no prerequisites for the HP Principles course—industry professionals of all levels are invited to participate. Those who successfully complete this course will earn credit for one of three courses required to earn BOMI International’s new High-Performance Certificate. Professionals who hold a Real Property Administrator (RPA®) or Facilities Management Administrator (FMA®) designation may apply the HP Principles course toward earning a new enhanced RPAHP® or FMAHP® Designation.
Related articles across the web
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.