Kamehameha Schools is a private, educational, charitable trust founded and endowed by the legacy of a Hawaiian Princess, Bernice Pauahi Bishop. Kamehameha Schools operates a statewide educational system enrolling more than 6,500 students of Hawaiian ancestry at K-12 campuses on O'ahu, Maui and Hawai'i and over 30 preschool sites statewide. Kamehameha Schools hires over 500 employees each year, and employs over 3,000 staff members throughout the organization. To support our operation, Kamehameha Schools is hiring for a Director, Operations Support in the Operations Support Division on our Kapalama Campus in Honolulu.
The deadline to apply is: 1/4/2016.
- Provides leadership for the Operations Support Division; develops division goals and objectives to support the educational mission at the Kapalama Campus.
- Oversees the Dining Services, Physical Plant, Recreational Facilities, Security and Transportation Departments as well as the Safety and Compliance, Operations Analysis and Administrative Support functions for the division.
- Monitors all construction projects on campus, requests for all division services and coordination of the development of the consolidated Major Repair and Capital Improvement Projects (MR/CIP) budget for the Kapalama Campus as well as the Facilities Master Plan.
Summary of Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, Engineering, Public Administration or related field and 10+ years of related manager/director level work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability through successful experiences in bringing people together, creating an inclusive decision-making environment, and instilling a sense of pride in one's work.
- Strong analytical skills and fiscal abilities to manage a large budget and several departments.
- Previous experience in construction or facilities.
Division Summary: The Operations Support Division is driven and focused on providing operational service excellence 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to campus students, staff and faculty. Staff are responsible for providing daily services, such as meal preparation in Food & Nutrition Services; landscape maintenance in Grounds; building maintenance in Physical Plant; clean facilities in Custodial & Housing; event coordination in Recreational Facilities; bus service for students/staff in Transportation; and campus safety in Security. For more information about our Kapalama Campus, please visit our website at www.ksbe.edu.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must apply online. Visit our website at http://www.ksbe.edu/careers & search Requisition Number 016065 for full job description, & to apply for this position. *Sorry, no resumes accepted via email, mail or fax.
KS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, arrest and court record, credit history, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, among other things, as provided for by State and Federal law.
- Salary Range: $92,691 Annually, Negotiable depending on qualifications
- Department: Facilities Development and Operations/Facilities Management
- Location: 2633 Vista Parkway, WPB
- Hours: 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday - Friday; will be required to work before, during and after emergencies.
- Other: Valid Florida Driver's License and PBC Risk Management Department driving history approval prior to appointment.
- Will be required to pass a Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) background check prior to appointment.
- THIS IS AN AT-WILL POSITION.
Highly responsible managerial, technical and administrative work directing, coaching and leading a large, decentralized work force responsible for planning, operating and maintaining Palm Beach County’s buildings and grounds including those occupied and operated by the Sheriff, judiciary and constitutional officers. Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and leads through subordinate managers and supervisors, a wide variety of building operations and maintenance functions including preventive maintenance, repairs, minor modifications, energy management, building automation systems, custodial, grounds, pest control and general operations. Work involves the application of customer oriented, professional, technical and managerial skills regarding various facility management issues. Represents the Facilities Development and Operations (FD&O) Department on all customer service delivery issues and complaints. Coordinates capital and operating budget preparation; manages several large service contracts; develops County-Wide, Departmental and Divisional policies and procedures. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Facilities Development and Operations.
The Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners provides an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement and participation in the Florida Retirement System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Public/Business Administration, Engineering, Facilities Management or related field; minimum of eight (8) years of non-residential facilities management experience including three (3) years of progressively responsible supervisory and management experience in the field of facilities maintenance and management for a large-scale government, industrial, institutional or corporate entity.
Visit www.pbcgov.jobs for job description and to apply online. May submit scannable application/resume with any Veteran’s Preference documentation to Palm Beach County Human Resources, 100 Australian Avenue #300, West Palm Beach, Florida 33406. Info 561/616-6888. Fax 561/616-6893. (No e-mail applications/resumes accepted). Applications/resumes must include Job ID number, and will be accepted no later than 5:00 p.m. on December 18, 2015. EO/AA M/F/D/V (DFWP)
To run a search, simply type keywords into the ‘What’ box describing the kind of job you want, and enter a city, state/province or zip/postal code in the ‘Where’ box. Then click the ‘Find Jobs’ button or hit the Enter key on your keyboard.