The Rohm and Haas Paint Quality Institute (PQI) has launched its “Prettiest Painted Rooms in America” competition open to interior designers and decorators nationwide. This follows the institute’s highly successful “Prettiest Painted Places in America” competitions.
Professional designers are invited to submit images of work they have completed within the last three years by May 1, 2006. Entries will be judged on the creativity employed in the use of paint and color and the overall design of the room. The quality of the photos submitted will also be influential. There will be one grand-prize winner and four runner-up prizes will also be awarded.
Debbie Zimmer, color and decorating expert with the Rohm and Haas PQI says, “This competition will serve as a terrific forum for industry professionals to showcase their work and compete on the ‘paint and decorating playing field,’ so to speak. This is a first-rate competition that will garner entrants nationwide. It is going to be a truly exciting event.”
Competition winners will be chosen by a prestigious panel of judges that include the following members:
• Scott Agelloff, Dean of the New York School of Interior Design
• Mario Buatta, legendary designer
• Clodagh, internationally renowned designer
• Elaine Griffin, designer and contributor to O at Home
• Louis Gropp, former editor-in-chief of House Beautiful, House & Garden and Elle Décor magazines
• Michael Payne, interior designer and host of HGTV’s “Designing for the Sexes”
• Debbie Zimmer, color and decorating expert with PQI
All winning entries will be posted on the Paint Quality Institute Web site and published in the Paint Quality Institute DIY Newsletter.
The grand-prize winner will choose from the following prizes:
• Deluxe New York City Weekend for Two, including airfare, stay at the world-famous Waldorf Astoria, dinner at Asiate in the Mandarin Oriental, New York, lunch at Tavern on the Green, Broadway tickets and a meeting with a top New York City designer.
• South Beach Extravaganza for Two, including airfare, stay at The Bentley Beach Hotel, a deluxe spa treatment, dinner at Prime One Twelve, a $1,000 Bal Harbour Shops Gift Card and a tour of the Miami Design District.
Runners-up will receive a Howard Miller clock valued at $1,400.
Entry forms are available by calling (212) 308-8880, ext. 116.