Surprising Results of Green Cleaning E-Poll | Facility Executive - Creating Intelligent Buildings

As Green cleaning’s popularity continues to soar, a new poll appears to question if using environmentally preferable cleaning products is of greater interest to jansan manufacturers and distributors than to the customers of building service contractors (BSCs). The poll is the first Tornado e-Poll conducted by jansan manufacturer Tornado Industries. According to Jolynn Kennedy, Tornado’s […]


https://facilityexecutive.com/2006/11/surprising-results-of-green-cleaning-e-poll/
As Green cleaning’s popularity continues to soar, a new poll appears to question if using environmentally preferable cleaning products is of greater interest to jansan manufacturers and distributors than to the customers of building service contractors (BSCs). The poll is the first Tornado e-Poll conducted by jansan manufacturer Tornado Industries. According to Jolynn Kennedy, Tornado’s […]
Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Surprising Results of Green Cleaning E-Poll

Surprising Results of Green Cleaning E-Poll | Facility Executive - Creating Intelligent Buildings

As Green cleaning’s popularity continues to soar, a new poll appears to question if using environmentally preferable cleaning products is of greater interest to jansan manufacturers and distributors than to the customers of building service contractors (BSCs).

The poll is the first Tornado e-Poll conducted by jansan manufacturer Tornado Industries. According to Jolynn Kennedy, Tornado’s marketing director, one of the goals of the e-Poll is to survey industry members regarding trends and developments in the industry.

Participants were questioned as to how many of their customers have asked to switch from conventional to Green cleaning products. Sixty percent responded “very few;” twenty percent indicated more than half; and 20% reported that a “quarter to about half” of their customers request environmentally preferable cleaning products be used in their facilities.

The Tornado e-Poll also asked BSCs if their customers were aware of certifying organizations, such as EcoLogoM and Green SealR or the Carpet and Rug Institute’s Green Label and Seal of Approval Programs. The results are as follows:

Almost all: 20%
Quiet a few: 20%
Very few: 40%
None: 20%

Similarly, when asked if their clients were seeking LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certification, the cleaning professionals answered:

Yes: 20%
No: 40%
Do not know: 20%

“It almost makes you wonder if Green cleaning is of greater interest in the boardrooms of manufacturers and distributors than in the millions of facilities cleaned every day,” says
Jim Hlavin, head of Tornado’s Business Development division. “However, we know the interest in Green cleaning, sustainability, LEED certification, and similar measures are growing considerably. It is just beginning to blossom.”

The final question asked the BSCs about their sources of information about Green cleaning. According to the survey, 80% indicated they get most of their information from jansan trade publications. The remaining 20% answered that their information source is primarily their
local jansan distributor.

Suggested Links:

You Might Like:

LEAVE A REPLY