By James C. Elledge, IFMA Fellow, CFM, FMA, RPA, RIAQM
Published in the June 2007 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
Q What does the cost breakdown/structure of total facility management(the tactical management of operational facility contracts) look like?What are the main cost drivers (in %)?
Marion Janssen, MSc
A While I can’t point you in the direction of data specific to themarket in the Netherlands, some benchmarks are available in the form ofresearch reports by Johnson Controls.
These reports include data for U.K. and U.S. markets. Visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/cg-fm/marketdata.htm to review the following:
- Summer 2002 USA Office Occupancy Costs Index;
- Fall 2001 USA Office Occupancy Costs Index;
- Winter 2001 UK Office Costs Index (British Version);
- Summer 2001 UK Office Costs Index (British Version);
- Summer 2001 USA Office Occupancy Costs Index; and
- Fall 2000 Creating Productivity Based Work Environments.
Elledge,facility/office services manager for Dallas, TX-based Summit AllianceCompanies, is the recipient of the Distinguished Author Award from theInternational Facility Management Association (IFMA), is an IFMA Fellow, and isa member of TFM’sEditorial Advisory Board. All questions have been submitted via the “Ask TheExpert” portion of the magazine’s Web site. To pose a question, visit this link.