This year, Firestone Building Products Company, LLC collaborated with a number of its licensed roofing contractors to assist their local communities through the Firestone Community Service Program. Qualified Firestone contractors are awarded with material credit for Firestone roofing products installed as part of a donated labor community service project. Those eligible for participation in the community service program are recipients of Firestone’s esteemed Inner Circle of Quality Award or Partner in Quality Award—distinctions recognizing exceptional roofing professionals for their commitment to quality installation and outstanding roof performance.
This past year, the following roofing firms took part in this program:
- Greenberg Roofing of Fargo, ND donated labor and time to re-roof the 640 square foot roof on the Fargo Salvation Army building. The crew installed 60-mil fully adhered Firestone RubberGardTM EPDM. Fargo Salvation Army provides counseling, housing, clothing, meals, emergency disaster relief, and spiritual ministry to local residents.
- Herzog Roofing in Detroit Lakes, MN re-installed Firestone ISO 95+TM polyiso insulation and ballasted 45-mil Firestone RubberGardTM EPDM on the 41 square foot roof of the REACH volunteer center. The REACH center provides family support, nonperishable food from their food pantry, reusable items, and counseling services to local residents in Hawley, MN.
- Houck Services, Inc. of Harrisburg, PA re-roofed a home of the winning family in WHTM Channel 27’s Midstate Home Makeover Contest. The crew installed 1,500 square feet of Firestone ISO 95+ TM polyiso insulation and 60-mil RubberGardTM EPDM. The home makeover contest awarded the grand prize to the Litschi family of Myerstown, PA. The Litschi’s have 12 adopted children, many of whom are mentally or physically disabled.
- Nordmann Roofing Co. from Toledo, OH donated a portion of a new roof to Rossford High School in Rossford, OH for the school’s press box. The 1,000 square foot project replaced the old leaky roof with 1” Firestone ISO 95+TM polyiso insulation and 60-mil fully adhered Firestone RubberGardTM EPDM.
- Plescia Roofing, Inc. in Norwood, NJ installed a 160,000 square foot roof on the Holy Family Catholic Academy in Norwood, NJ. The crew replaced a 20 year old leaky roof with 60-mil fully adhered Firestone UltraPlyTM TPO roofing system. This project is one of several service projects the firm has donated to Holy Family.
- Richard L. Sensenig Company of Lancaster, PA donated labor and materials to install a new roof on the Twin Valley Bible Chapel in Narvon, PA. The crew installed 800 square feet of Firestone Tapered ISO 95+TM polyiso insulation fully adhered RubberGardTM EPDM.
- S.G.O. Roofing and Construction, LLC of Lakeville, MN installed a roof on the new American Cancer Society Twin City Hope Lodge in Minneapolis, MN. A crew of 15 put in the 9,100 square foot Firestone 60-mil ballasted RubberGardTM EPDM roofing system with 1” ISO 95+TM polyiso insulation and DensDeckTM insulation. Hope Lodge provides free housing to out of town cancer patients and their families while patients are undergoing treatment.
“Firestone is pleased to partner with a growing list of contractors who are enthusiastic about giving back to their local communities,” said Mike Gorey, president of Firestone and chairman, CEO, and president of Bridgestone Firestone Diversified Products. “This unique and worth while program has led to more than 60 local community service projects since its inception nearly 10 years ago, and we applaud the contractors who are dedicated to aiding public, private, and non-profit organizations in need.”
The Firestone Inner Circle of Quality Award recognizes a group of contractors who demonstrate a strong commitment to long term quality roof performance. Award recipients must achieve Master Contractor status, install at least four warranted roofs in each of the past five years, maintain at least two million square feet under warranty, and achieve an annual QIR of 2.0 or less.
The Partner in Quality Award acknowledges Firestone licensed contractors who maintain at least one million square feet under warranty and demonstrate the same qualities as the Inner Circle winners.