Status Solutions has made available its situational awareness technology as a bundled solution, providing advanced alerting/mass notification capabilities in addition to digital signage and self-service. The company is a provider of situational awareness technologies for risk management with life safety, security, environmental monitoring, and mass notification applications.
Situational awareness originated as military term referring to a pilot’s operational status and knowledge of immediate threats. For facility professionals, the ability to read, hear, and see what is happening in and around their enterprise empowers them to address an unfolding situation in the proper way.
“The world is full of screens and other communication end points, and our mission at Status Solutions is to make sure information gets to all of them for better communication, especially during an emergency,” explained Mike MacLeod, president, Status Solutions. “However, situational awareness also extends to improving workflow and operational efficiency for a comprehensive, holistic approach to risk management using a combination of portals and dashboards.”
Status Solutions’ Situational Awareness Bundle includes:
- The Situational Awareness and Response Assistant (SARA) universal alert server that integrates alarm and communication systems for centralized monitoring, alerting, and reporting
- Desktop alerts with video paging, so live feeds from security cameras can be delivered to networked desktops/laptops for eyes on a triggering event in real time (prerecorded videos, photos and other files also can be associated with an event, as preprogrammed through SARA’s modes and actions)
- Pre-programmed, intuitive dashboards for smartphones that are voice, Wi-Fi, and cellular-enabled for seamless situational awareness on the go (respond or initiate alerting and response plans with just one touch)
- Four tablet-based, self-service kiosks for use in common areas
- Electronic bulletin board/digital signage via TV
Current Status Solutions’ customers with SARA systems also can upgrade and broaden their situational awareness capabilities with a bundled solution, which includes a new server on the latest-generation HP platform to power SARA’s advanced alerting/mass notification capabilities (desktop alerts, video paging, and mobile dashboards), plus digital signage and self-service.