Hungry zombies. Maniacal clowns. Blood-thirsty rats.
For most facility managers any of the above would be considered, at the very least, undesirable. But for 13 locations across the U.S., the presence of the creepiest, scariest, most disgusting things imaginable earned them a coveted spot on HauntedHouses.com’s 2015 List of Top 13 Haunted Houses in America.
Just in time for the Halloween season, the list represents some of the most frightening, elaborate, and detail-oriented haunted attractions in the country.
“A lot of research went into compiling the list,” said HauntedHouses.com representative James Olmsted. “We’ve left no stone unturned and picked haunts from every corner of the country. If a good fright gets your heart pumping, these are the spots for you.”
Owners and operators of all the attractions on the list are standouts that set the industry standard, as innovation and creativity play a large part in the ranking.
Top 13 Haunted Houses In America, 2015
- Spookywoods, Archdale, NC
- The Haunted Hotel, San Diego, CA
- Spookyworld – Nightmare New England, Litchfield, NH
- The Dent Schoolhouse, Cincinnati, OH
- Cutting Edge Haunted House, Fort Worth, TX
- Bennett’s Curse, Baltimore, MD
- The Beast, Kansas City, MO
- The House of Torment, Austin, TX
- Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses, (Ulster Park, NY
- 13th Floor Haunted House, Chicago, IL
- The Asylum, Denver, CO
- Nightmare On The Bayou, Houston, TX)
- Erebus, Pontiac, MI
“To be included on the Top 13 list is to be included among the best of the best,” said Jon Love, co-owner of 13th Floor in Chicago, No. 10 on the list. “The haunts on this list are highly detail and technology-oriented. Production crews and set designers work all year to create the most compelling, advanced haunts imaginable.”
HauntedHouses.com is an online resource for real haunted houses, haunted places, ghost towns and paranormal sites. The website maintains an up-to-date directory of haunts, photos, videos and more.