Although you may have developed a thorough plan for emergency situations, you will still have to make potentially life-or-death decisions in emergencies – under duress. This free webinar video addresses decision-making during an emergency using the Boyd Cycle or Observe-Orient-Decide-Act (OODA) Loop, the principles of which apply to any hazard in any environment:
- Observe – Realize the power of situational awareness.
- Orient – Conduct an operational environment analysis to understand your options.
- Decide – Make rapid decisions based on the information at hand.
- Act – Overcome your body’s response to extreme survival stress.
Join SafePlans, Status Solutions and Facility Executive to explore these emergency scenarios:
- Natural disasters (weather, earthquake, pandemic)
- Facility failures/operational disruptions (power outage, pipe burst, gas leak)
- Intruder/active shooter
You’ll also learn how situational awareness and therefore emergency alerting and response management can be automated to improve life safety, security, environmental monitoring and mass notification.