The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) announced this week that its Board of Directors has selected new officers for the 2016-17 term. Under the new governance model adopted by PRSM, officer titles for 2016-17 have been updated to reflect the new model. The new officers for this retail facilities maintenance association are:
- Chair, Leigh Pearson, RFMP, Director, Facility, Environmental & Procurement Services, Staples, Inc., Canada
- Vice Chair, Kyle Brekke, Vice President of Facilities, Belk, Inc.
- Treasurer, Tom Bonnel, Vice President of Sales, MetroTech.
- Secretary, Karen Shriner, Esq., Director, Retail Facilities, Rite Aid Corporation
Leigh Pearson is the first Canadian to take the helm of the PRSM Board. As Director, Facility, Environmental and Procurement Services for Staples Canada, she has been with the company for 19 years and is responsible for nearly 400 stores, warehouses, and corporate offices. Pearson received the Staples Soul Award for her contributions to sustainability and the community and, in 2013 Staples Canada received PRSM Association’s Innovation in Sustainability Award. She holds the Retail Facility Management Professional (RFMP) designation.
“I am excited about the future of PRSM,” commented Pearson. “I want to thank the outgoing leaders for their service and the excellent work the Board has done to position PRSM as an industry leader. I look forward to working with the PRSM Board, our members and the PRSM staff as we continue to enhance the services the association provides, to add new members and grow PRSM’s international presence.”
The Association membership has also elected two new retail board members to three-year terms and one retail alternate to a one-year term. New retail directors include:
- Jonathan Bauer, Senior Director, Store Development, Gap, Inc.
- Matthew Jacques, Manager of Maintenance and CAM Services, BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Ken Engle, Director of Real Estate and Construction, DFC Global Corporation (retail alternate)
The new supplier board member elected for a three-year term, and one supplier alternate, elected to a one-year term, on the board include:
- Stacy Brown, Director Strategic Planning and Development, Global Facility Management and Construction
- Wayne Knaub, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, RSM Maintenance (supplier alternate)
The following board members will continue to serve:
- Immediate Past President: Bryan Walker, Store Facilities Manager, The Container Store
- Norm Dutcher, President, Integra Service Group, Inc.
- Bruce Falke, Director of Sales, Commercial Fire, Inc.
- Donna Fuoco, Director of Customer Solutions, Cintas Managed Solutions
- Ashley Hudler, Planned Maintenance Manager, Lowe’s Home Centers, LLC
- Beth Huneycutt, Division Vice President, Facilities Maintenance & Store Services, Family Dollar Stores, Inc.
- Ann Moran, Sr. Vice President of Business Development and Marketing, National Accounts, Engineering Excellence National Accounts, LLC
The entire 15 PRSM Board officers and directors will be seated during the Board’s full meeting on Monday, April 25 at PRSM2016 National Conference in Long Beach, CA.