Columbia Lighting, a brand of Hubbell Lighting, has launched its latest LED industrial luminaire, the MPL Megaplane™ LED Industrial High Bay/Low Bay. The MPL, a linear suspended luminaire that has been designed primarily for retail, design-build, back of house, warehouse and commercial storage applications, is the first of its kind in the industrial category.
Traditionally, products in this class with comparable lumen output were only available in larger housings or included more than one driver, adding cost and bulk. The simplicity of the MPL’s design will be appealing to contractors and specifiers who have been asking for a low-cost, high-efficiency luminaire with directional illuminance that is slender, attractive and functional without appearing bulky.
“The MPL Megaplane features patented TIR directional linear optics that offer superior aisle lighting performance and vertical foot candles,” said Columbia Lighting’s Director of New Product Innovation, Martin Werr. “The modern appearance compliments retail store designs, and it is facility-friendly for ease of installation and maintenance.”
A 4’ configuration can exceed 12,000 lumens only consuming 96 watts, averaging 106 to 131 lumens per watt with one driver. An 8’ configuration can exceed 25,000 lumens while only consuming 192 watts, averaging 106-131 lumens per watt with two drivers.
Additional Features and Benefits of the MPL Megaplane:
- Linear hanging fixture in 4′ (16.5 lbs.) and 8′ (30 lbs.) lengths suited for racks, stacks and aisle applications
- Minimum watt consumption and occupancy sensor options for additional energy savings
- Minimum space requirements – less than 5″ deep and only 10″ wide
- Quick and simple installation systems include chain or aircraft cable mounting
- Long-life, 60,000 hour LEDs at L80 (up to 150,000 projected life) for reduced life cycle maintenance costs
- Available in four color temperatures with 83CRI standard and 90CRI optional
- Decorative frosted acrylic drop lens available with wide distribution option to reduce glare
- Available in narrow or wide distribution
- Easy access to LED boards and drivers available
- Fixed output or 0-10V dimming drivers down to one percent
- CSA listed and suitable for damp locations
- DLC Qualified – Standard and Premium
- Available in white or black finish as well as custom colors
More information on Columbia Lighting’s MPL Megaplane is available on the company’s website.