Providing a sustainable and cost-effective solution for two- to three-story buildings, Schindler Elevator Corporation has introduced its Schindler 3100 machine room-less (MRL) traction elevator. The Schindler 3100 is an MRL specifically designed to replace hydraulic elevators for the low-rise commercial and multi-unit residential market in the U.S. Easy to order, simple to install, with space and energy savings and a smooth, quiet performance, the Schindler 3100 is a cost-effective choice for today’s two- to three-story buildings.
The Schindler 3100 is designed to allow for more usable building and design space by eliminating the need for a machine room or a control closet. It fits seamlessly into the footprint of a hydraulic elevator design, yet provides the smooth, quiet operation of traction technology. In addition, Schindler 3100 cabs are on average 5% larger than the average MRL cab. The system is delivered to the building site in one complete shipment allowing accelerated lead times and quick installation.
The Schindler 3100 offers a sleek Italian cab design and finishes to fit any style or building décor.
“The Schindler 3100 is truly optimized for two- or three-story buildings,” said Bill Fiacco, senior vice president, New Installations at Schindler in North America. “Its advanced energy-saving design is significantly eco-friendlier than hydraulic elevator alternatives. With economy, performance and sustainability as the driving force, the system is quite mindful of the needs of architects, general contractors and passengers alike.”
Eco-friendly, efficient features include:
- Gearless machine designed to save energy
- Stable start uses energy more efficiently and reduces electric costs
- Frequency converter with emergency evacuation allows elevator to return safely to nearest floor in the event of a building power outage
- Controls automatically switch car lights to standby mode to save energy
- Car panel and floor indicators all operate with low power, LED lights
- Multi-bus control architecture reduces cabling, material and waste
- Smart controls provide more efficient passenger transportation
- Car lighting equipped with energy-efficient lamps
- Door drive with standby mode uses less electricity
In addition, each Schindler 3100 is equipped with Schindler Direct, a proactive maintenance tool that monitors the system 24/7 and helps return equipment to service up to 22% faster than traditional troubleshooting methods. A potential outage can be remotely noted and locally addressed before the building is affected.