Zen Ecosystems has launched its energy management system, Zen HQ, designed to fit the distinct needs of facility management teams for small to medium-sized enterprises (SME) that operate multiple locations. This new cloud platform is a tool for managing HVAC, lighting schedules, and energy consumption.
Many businesses have been deterred from adopting energy management systems because of high costs and complex deployment and management processes, asserts Zen Ecosystems. And the company’s Zen HQ is focused on empowering facility management to overcome these obstacles with this simple, connected energy management solution designed for easy installation and powerful control over HVAC and lighting costs across multi-site operations.
Zen HQ connects the Newport, CA company’s existing Zen Thermostat and lighting controls in a wireless energy management system optimized for cost reduction. Key features include:
- Intuitive scheduling. HVAC and lighting scheduling is easy with a scheduler similar to Google Calendar. Energy managers can use drop-down menus to assign schedules to groups or individual locations in 15-minute increments.
- Lockout controls. Local overrides on energy settings are one reason that energy management systems fall short. Zen HQ reduces interference while maximizing comfort with preset heating and cooling schedules via partial or full lockouts.
- Alerts. Notifications in up to 15-minute increments flagging potential issues (e.g. temperature exceeding scheduled set point, units consuming highest amount of energy).
- Ease of installation. Zen HQ controls HVAC via the connected Zen Thermostat and connection to lighting controls, meaning installation does not require building a completely new network and can be completed in less than a day.
- Demand response. OpenADR certification and utility integrations mean customers can automatically participate in demand response and energy efficiency programs to reduce electricity costs during times of peak demand.
- Integrated monitoring. Zen HQ presents heating, cooling, lighting, and energy usage in a dynamic visual graph across single or multiple sites.
- Access anywhere. The cloud-based Zen HQ platform is optimized for the computer and smart devices, providing facility managers with control over their facilities from any location.
Retailers, telecommunications providers, utilities, and energy partners are implementing Zen HQ for smarter controls, building automation, demand management and improved energy efficiency. Initial deployments include a rollout with National Stores, a California-based retailer with more than 350 locations across 22 states.
“Energy management systems always seemed like they weren’t worth the hassle,” said Jimmy Lee, National Stores energy manager. “Zen HQ impressed us with fast deployment and real return on investment. Installation has been a snap, and since it’s so easy to use we’re already making a big dent on our electricity bills. By keeping costs down, we can continue to pass great value along to our customers nationwide.”