Rand Worldwide’s IMAGINiT Technologies division has released IMAGINiT Clarity 2018. In addition to compatibility with 2018 and previous versions of Autodesk Revit, the 2018 update to IMAGINiT Clarity allows users to monitor, access and use the most valuable data stored in Revit software models. By expanding access to the data available in the building information model (BIM), IMAGINiT Clarity 2018 improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the entire BIM team.
“When making business decisions and managing multiple projects with diverse partners, having access to key alerts and relevant, up-to-date information is critical,” says Bill Zavadil, senior vice president of professional services, IMAGINiT Technologies. “With feedback from clients around the globe, our software engineers have refined this suite of products to serve up all of the required information via a single dashboard. Designed to monitor the health of the model as well as improve secure collaboration, Clarity is essentially an early warning system that allows you to do proactive model management before it becomes a major problem downstream.”
New Features Leverage Model Data to Improve Decision Making
With almost 60 metrics accessible through a single, customizable dashboard, Clarity allows building information coordinators, administrators and members of the extended team to thoroughly track the model’s health. This expanded visibility helps reduce the risk of the model becoming corrupt, minimizes errors and positively affects the team’s productivity. By customizing the dashboard to track specific metrics, BIM teams can compare data on multiple projects to improve decision making throughout the organization.
IMAGINiT Clarity 2018 delves deeper into the model than ever before with several new features, including:
- Revit Warnings allow users to track the overall health of the model across multiple projects on one dashboard. BIM Coordinators can also identify the severity of warnings and receive email alerts so they can be addressed in a timely manner.
- Content Metrics examines all Revit content from both your content libraries as well as individual models, and analyzes both the quality (in terms of file size, complexity and best practices) as well as the usage of the content.
- Integration with Dropbox, BOX, Autodesk A360 and BIM360 Docs allows for the automatic delivery of PDFs, AutoCAD DWG and other project files to online locations. This enables firms to easily share information with consultants and partners through their preferred medium.
- Model Change Notification performs comparisons between subsequent versions of Revit models. Particularly useful for working with Revit models received from partners as this can provide notification of unexpected changes.
- Clarity Viewer provides users with a free and secure 3D view of the model without leaving the Clarity environment or moving their models to the cloud. This added security provides peace of mind when accessing sensitive or proprietary designs.
“With IMAGINiT Clarity 2018, we’re able to address many items that aid in our goal of having a digital BIM project workflow,” stated Matthew Petermann associate digital practice manager at Perkins + Will, an interdisciplinary, research-based architecture and design firm established in 1935. “We especially like the new model metrics. Being able to proactively monitor a Revit model’s health and catching things before they go wrong, can save us hours or even days. IMAGINiT Clarity also saves us time by allowing non-Revit users access to valuable model data that they would otherwise have to interrupt project team members to access. All of these things are crucial in helping us get closer to a truly digital BIM process.”
Learn about the value that Clarity provides project teams during a live webcast on May 24 at 1 PM (Eastern Time). During this one-hour live presentation, IMAGINiT experts will demonstrate and answer questions about the latest enhancements to the IMAGINiT Clarity suite of software. Attendance is free, but advanced registration is required.
IMAGINiT Clarity allows project teams to access data in new and insightful ways. With task automation and analytics not available anywhere else, IMAGINiT Clarity offers firms the ability to not only save time on Revit projects, but also understand how different aspects of the model affect project performance. For firms using Revit Server, IMAGINiT Clarity Security (formerly Clarity Connect) provides additional functionality. Facilities Managers, owners, developers and construction firms managing facility data can benefit from IMAGINiT Clarity Owner Data Portal, which offers an owner-oriented view of projects as well as the great features of IMAGINiT Clarity.
For more information on IMAGINiT’s Clarity software as well as a complete range of BIM technology solutions, visit www.imaginit.com/clarity or talk to an IMAGINiT expert at 1-800-356-9050.