The Wurf Board is a supportive air-spring platform that encourages standing desk users to make continuous micro movements, which improves blood flow so people at work can stand comfortably much longer. These subtle movements improve posture; strengthen feet, legs, core, and back; and raise alertness, focus, and productivity.
Wurf Board features include:
- A 2″ high curved edge that massages feet arches and permits lower leg stretches
- Lightweight (1.6 to 3 pounds, depending on model)
- Easy for users to slide in and out with their feet when switching between standing and sitting — especially helpful for people who have difficulty bending over
- Fully adjustable air-spring surface (firm or bouncy) to meet the user’s weight and performance needs
- Non-slip dimpled design grips all types of flooring when weight is applied.
- Can be used with or without shoes
The product line includes Wurf Board Santa Cruz (in small, medium, and large) and Wurf Board Maui (medium). The Santa Cruz small model measures 28.3″ x 14.2″ (max. user weight 200 pounds); medium measures 30.9″ x 16.7″ (max. user weight 250 pounds); and large measures 32.9″ x 17.7″ (max. user weight 300 pounds).
The newest model, Wurf Board Maui, advances the product’s original air-spring design with an additional layer of thickness for increased durability and a slight curve to the bottom of the board to encourage even more movement while standing. Two California artists collaborated to digitally render a custom printed woodcut pattern, which is available in Ocean Blue, Kona Coffee, and Dolphin Gray. The Maui measures 30.6″ x 16.6″ (max. user weight 350 pounds).
The Wurf Board’s advanced drop-stitch construction retains the board shape and responsiveness. High-end inflatable paddle boards are made using similar drop-stitch construction, but Wurf Boards are used on hard surfaces and not on the water, so the company re-engineered its drop-stitch to achieve higher strength and durability.
Wurf is owned and operated by JumpSport, Inc., whose founder, Mark Publicover, invented the trampoline safety enclosure used on backyard trampolines. JumpSport is located in Campbell, CA and brings its focus on quality engineering to the standing desk market.