The JEB 3Seal™ HM+ from J.E. Berkowitz (JEB) is a warm edge spacer system for insulating glass units (IGUs), which enables bold and energy efficient architectural glass solutions.
Designed to meet the toughest commercial glazing demands, the JEB 3Seal HM+ is made from structural thermoset silicone with integral 3A desiccant and features triple-seal technology consisting of a pre-applied acrylic adhesive for spacer-to-glass bonding, a hot-applied captive polyisobutylene (PIB) primary seal, and a two-part High Modulus silicone secondary seal.
Gary McQueen, director of architectural sales at JEB, said the improved JEB 3Seal HM+ spacer offers significant aesthetic and energy efficient advantages over traditional IGU spacers.
“The high-modulus silicone secondary seal minimizes PIB migration, providing clear, straight sightlines,” McQueen said. “It also offers 35% higher design strength, allowing for a narrower air cavity in an IGU, and 10.4% more argon gas retention than standard sealants, based on ASTM 2190 testing. An IGU incorporating the JEB 3Seal HM+ spacer will retain its argon gas longer over other insulating glass systems, maximizing energy savings and extending the unit’s service life.”
While traditional metal spacers are highly conductive, the JEB 3Seal HM+ warm edge spacer is made from thermoset structural silicone with integral 3A desiccant, which allows for minimal thermal conductivity, higher edge-of-glass temperatures, and an improved condensation resistance factor. With its T-shaped no-metal design, the spacer also offers shock-absorbing properties that counteract glazing stresses caused by wind, snow, driving rain, fluctuating temperatures, and barometric pressure.
The JEB 3Seal HM+ warm edge spacer system:
- Limits PIB Migration: Superior quality, fully automated hot-applied PIB application, acrylic adhesive and spacer’s t-shaped design limit PIB primary seal migration
- Improves Argon Gas Retention: High-strength and high-modulus properties minimize stress on PIB primary seal and improve argon gas retention rates
- Delivers an Extremely Straight Sightline: Robotic spacer application and high modulus silicone deliver a sleek sightline and thin profile, delivering a clean aesthetic for tough commercial glazing demands
- Increases Condensation Resistance Factor (CRF): Minimize condensation and maintain ideal humidity levels, especially critical with healthcare, luxury high-rise, and other demanding glazing installations
- Improves Sound Attenuation: Use wherever noise from airplanes, trains, or automobiles may be a concern for building occupants