The 3M™ Stone Floor Protection System is a complete floor care system for porous stone surfaces (e.g., marble, terrazzo, polished concrete). The process restores the natural beauty of porous stone and produces a long-lasting shine. It’s easy to use, features environmentally preferable* components for greener cleaning, needs no stripping or deep scrubbing, and creates a high traction gloss that can help reduce slips and falls.
The 3M Stone Floor Protection System restores with precise, fast-cutting 3M™ Trizact™ Diamond HX Discs; protects from staining, scratching, and black marks with Scotchgard™ Stone Floor Protector; and maintains the brilliant shine with Scotch-Brite™ Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus and 3M™ Neutral Cleaner Concentrate.
Trizact Diamond HX Discs are advanced abrasives that leave consistent scratch patterns, maximizing efficiency and reducing the number of steps in the restoration process. Available in Gold/Coarse, Red/Medium, and Blue/Fine, the uniform cutting surface stays sharp and effective through the life of the discs and the wet process does not create dust. Trizact Diamond HX Discs are compatible with standard floor cleaning equipment (low speed rotary and automatic scrubber) and can also be used with the 3M™ Electric Variable Speed Polisher to access stairs, corners, and other tight areas.
In just two coats, Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector creates an NFSI-Certified “high traction” surface that can help prevent slips and falls. In addition, it leaves behind a long-lasting, glossy, natural-looking floor that is less susceptible to scuffs, black marks, stains, and scratches. No stripping or deep scrubbing is required, eliminating operator exposure to, and environmental release of, potentially hazardous stripping chemicals. Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector uses hybrid technology that densifies, increases hardness, and improves wear and makes it easy to spot repair damaged areas.
Designed to work together, Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus and 3M Neutral Cleaner help users maintain the shiny appearance created with the 3M Stone Floor Protection System. Pads are available in numerous sizes and the no-rinse, low-foaming formula will not leave residue that can cloud or dull the floor.
Restore floors to a glossy, long-lasting, easy-to-maintain finish with these steps:
- Select the right abrasive pad: For heavily damaged floors, where there is visible wear or scratches, use Trizact Diamond HX Discs Gold; for less damaged floors, use Trizact Diamond HX Discs Red.
- Attach four Trizact Diamond HX Discs to a 3M Red Buffer Pad 5100 in the 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, and 9:00 positions.
- Make five passes with the Trizact Diamond HX Discs with squeegee up and solution on. Make a final sixth pass with squeegee down.
- If Trizact Diamond HX Discs Gold were used in steps 1-4, attach four Trizact Diamond HX Discs Red (red backing) to the Red Buffer Pad 5100 in the same positions. If Trizact Diamond HX Discs Red were used in steps 1-4, skip to step six
- Make three passes with the Trizact Diamond HX Discs Red with squeegee up and solution on. Make a final fourth pass with squeegee down.
- Repeat steps 2&3 with Trizact Diamond HX Discs Blue (blue backing) and a new Red Buffer Pad 5100.
- Clean the floor with an auto scrubber and water using the Red Buffer Pad 5100 to remove any residue.
- Make four passes using a burnisher and the Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus.
- Dust the floor using the 3M Easy Trap Duster (Specially developed disposable sheets that simplify removal of dust, dirt, and sand from floor surfaces).
Protect the natural brilliance of stone floors with two coats:
- Wet the 3M Easy Shine Applicator Pad (washable and reusable 18″ pads for the Easy Shine Applicator) with 3M Stone Floor Protector and apply a thin, uniform coat to the floor using the 3M Easy Shine Applicator System. Allow 15 to 30 minutes to dry. Burnish the floor six times with the Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus.
- Dust the floor using the Easy Trap Duster. Repeat step one.
Maintain the floors by:
- Daily Cleaning
- Dust daily with the Easy Trap Duster.
- Damp mop or auto scrub with the Red Buffer Pad 5100 using 3M Neutral Cleaner.
- Burnishing & Recoating
- Burnish the floor with Scotch-Brite Purple Diamond Floor Pad Plus, dark purple side down. A suggested schedule: low traffic areas: 1-2x/month, medium traffic areas: 3-4x/month, high traffic areas: 1-2x/week
- Recoat floors using a single coat of Scotchgard Stone Floor Protector. Suggested recoating schedule: low traffic areas: 1x/year, medium traffic areas: 1-2x/year, high traffic areas: 2+x/year
*3M Stone Floor Protection System Products are Environmentally Preferable. The Instructions for Implementing Executive Order 13423 titled, “Strengthening Federal Environmental, Energy and Transportation Management” defines Environmentally Preferable as products or services that have a lesser or reduced effect on human health and the environment when compared with competing products or services that serve the same purpose. The comparison may consider raw materials acquisition, product manufacturing, packaging, distribution, reuse, operation, maintenance, or disposal of the product or service.