AssetWatcher from Morse Watchmans is an RFID-enabled locker system that allows businesses to secure and track valuable assets. It supports more than 10,000 users on a single system and is flexible, scalable, and highly capable. Suitable applications include schools, hotels, hospitals, casinos, and data centers.
AssetWatcher tracks who removes and replaces each asset in the system, along with when assets were placed in or taken from a locker. The locker system RFID technology also provides data on whether a specific asset is in the system, and if so, which locker it has been placed in. All interactions are sent to KWTServer software for later review. In addition, users can create and save commonly used reports, or schedule them to run automatically. Users can be limited to only a single asset, or given free reign to as many as they need.
AssetWatcher has many features already proven on KeyWatcher, including e-mail notifications (alerts can be set up for specific events with notifications sent when they happen), multi-site operation, multi-user capability, and is equipped with three user modes to suit various applications.
- Standard Mode – Program users, assets, and permissions to control access
- Configure up to 250 user profiles
- Apply time restrictions on assets and users
- Compatible with optional features: Non-Random, Multi-User Remove and Return, Secure Key Return, and Departmental Access
- Organize assets quickly and easily assign access with user groups
- Reserve assets through the integrated touchscreen or with the TrueTouch server application
- Track item removal and condition upon return with notes and comments
- Leased Mode – AssetWatcher functions as a personal locker, giving the user exclusive, temporary access to a locker
- No assigned lockers, space issued is based upon availability
- Configurable grace period allows On-Demand users to retrieve forgotten items
- On-demand enrollment allows users to sign up for a locker using the optional fingerprint reader or access card – ideal for environments with high numbers of temporary users
- Optional PIN requirement for fingerprint and card access
- Item tagging not required
- Owned Mode – AssetWatcher functions as a personal locker, giving the user exclusive access to their locker
- Lockers are assigned and reserved exclusively for specific users
- Allows for rapid deployment
- Item tagging not required
Available in 10, 22, or 34-locker configurations (10 locker base with 12 locker expansion units), each locker measure 2.25″ H x 14″ W x 9″ D. AssetWatcher has a 7″ full color TFT capacitive display touchscreen with a 480×800 resolution. Six relay outputs are provided for hardware level integration with access control systems. Sound sirens and flashlights attract attention in configured alarm scenarios. Relays handle up to 12A of current @ 28VDC or 120VAC. A monitored battery backup provides locker system protection for up to 24 hours.
An optional charging feature adds a USB port inside each locker so devices can be charged while they are safely locked away, and a biometric scanner lets users unlock assets with the scan of a finger.
Other options include:
- Card Reader / Relay Output Interface
- Provides a clock/data & Wiegand card reader interface allowing compatibility with most card readers
- Available card readers: HID compatible, iCLASS CSN, barcode, and magstripe (track1 and track 2)
- Multi-user Feature
- Multi-user access – defines a specific number of users who must login for the item to be removed or returned
- Departmental access – used in conjunction with dual/triple user access to restrict key removals and returns by user’s assigned access departments
- Secure Asset Return – defines what users are allowed/needed to login to allow the return of the item
- Non-Random Return
- Allows users to give Assets a specific home locker and AssetWatcher site so that the item is always returned and removed from the same locker
AssetWatcher software Requires SQL 2014 Express (or higher) or an existing corporate SQL server for database storage.