Counsilman-Hunsaker and the National Swimming Pool Foundation® (NSPF®) have partnered to provide the Facility Manager aquatics app. This digital web-based application is designed to enhance the safety and sustainability of aquatic facilities.
Facility Manager is based on the Model Aquatic Health Code (MAHC) and NSPF’s Pool & Spa Operator Handbook to ensure code compliance and makes daily operations easier and more efficient. The aquatics app is accessible via computer and mobile device, allowing facilities to go paperless on all aspects of operational documentation, such as checklists, water balancing, and incident reporting. It makes record-keeping simple and risk management more manageable, allowing users to complete, update, and review records in real-time and online.
Facility Manager will simplify risk management and daily documentation with the following components:
- Pool test. This feature will empower staff to log pool test readings online and access the data anytime, from anywhere. Beyond the regular pH and chlorine tests, the program will also calculate water balance. Once an employee fills in pH, total alkalinity, calcium hardness, water temperature, cyanuric acid, and TDS, the program will auto-calculate water balance. Users can also create their own “local” benchmarks while comparing their data to MAHC guidelines.
- Checklists. With this module, users will be able to update daily, weekly, or custom checklists electronically. Users will intuitively document needed repairs with deadlines, completion dates, and even before and after photos. Based on settings, the aquatics app will also auto-send repair notes to maintenance contacts.
- In-services. This module allows users to report lifeguard training information, including employee names, types of in-service, and equipment used.
- Pool closure forms. Pool closure reports will allow users to track reasons for closures, including inclement weather, water quality issues, and recreational water illness, as well as the details applicable to each. It will also prompt for information about any corrective actions taken.
- Illness and injury documentation. In the past, illness and injury reports may have been lacking in facts, professionalism, or readability. But with Facility Manager, staff will be prompted to complete required fields, so that data will be more standardized and legible, whether on an individual or facility basis. This module also includes space for supporting photos.
Facility Manager is customizable to ensure all reports are completed and filled out correctly by staff. Standardized options, auto-fill for key fields, and automated prompts help keep users from overlooking required items. E-mail templates and alerts save time and keep the right people informed and aware of time-sensitive issues such as pool closures. This means facility records will contain more facts and details that are easier to read and more consistent.
The Facility Manager aquatics app incorporates the 100 years of aquatic knowledge and innovation represented by the founding partners. Counsilman-Hunsaker is an industry leader in aquatics planning, design, and operations, with more than 45 years of experience. NSPF has been delivering the industry’s leading education and certification programs for more than 50 years.
These magnate affiliates collaborated to combine the best of both worlds in the aquatic industry. By connecting NSPF’s expertise in education with Counsilman-Hunsaker’s years of experience in designing and renovating facilities, industry professionals have been provided one online support application. Facility Manager eliminates the need for papers, forms, and even calculators, which means missing reports are a thing of the past. When facility managers use this, pools and spas remain safer and open longer, fulfilling the mission of both organizations: more people living happier and healthier lives through aquatics.
“It has assured us that all of our opening, closing, and safety checklists have been accomplished, our chemical logs are complete, and that these are all available on the Facility Manager App to access anywhere, anytime,” stated Jananne Risenhoover, General Manager of Pelican Bay in Edmond, Ok.
“When NSPF helps provide a tool that facilities can use to have safer and more efficient pools and spas, the aquatics industry benefits, and so do the patrons that visit those facilities,” says NSPF Mission Development Director, Michelle Kavanaugh.
Facility Manager is offered as a licensed product. Cost will depend on the modules users choose to include. A user’s customized checklist will be set up at no additional cost and the training needed to get started will be provided. Facility managers will determine the users, the reports they have access to, and the level of access. Counsilman-Hunsaker will be available virtually for technical questions throughout use.