A soap superhero or a rocket ship headed for the sky? These are just two of the finalist designs you can vote for in Deb Group’s second annual Happy Hands contest, which promotes hand hygiene at schools. You can view the student-drawn designs and vote for your favorite now through February 28.
“Each dispenser design submission found an inventive way to make handwashing fascinating and fun,” said Isabelle Faivre, Vice President of Marketing, Deb USA. “With this year’s severe flu season, it’s more important than ever to teach students about the importance of hand hygiene in a memorable way.”
Using bright and bold colors and creative concepts, each finalist design shows the importance of handwashing in a unique, imaginative way. The 2017/2018 Happy Hands contest finalists include:
- Bryson C., First Grade, Utah School for the Deaf & the Blind, Ogden, UT
- Leland B., First Grade, Catlettsburg Elementary School, Sevierville, TN
- Nicholas R., Fourth Grade, Saint Joseph School, Carteret, NJ
- Nathaniel S., Fifth Grade, Matthews Elementary School, Matthews, NC
- Jayla J., Fifth Grade, Catlettsburg Elementary School, Sevierville, TN
Middle and High School
- Jocelyn M., Seventh Grade, Crestdale Middle School, Matthews, NC
- Ashley T., Seventh Grade, Saint Joseph School, Carteret, NJ
- Maggie P., Eighth Grade, St. Joseph Elementary School, Lockport, IL
- Shane S., Eighth Grade, Saint Joseph School, Carteret, NJ
- Bobby C., Eighth Grade, Crestdale Middle School, Matthews, NC
- Ava C., Eighth Grade, Crestdale Middle School, Matthews, NC
The student whose design receives the most votes in each category will receive a $200 gift card. Each winning student’s school will also receive a $500 donation, and the winning designs will be custom printed for free on up to 500 manual Deb soap/sanitizer dispensers for use at the winners’ schools.
To become finalists, the designs were evaluated for visual appeal, overall hand hygiene design, creativity and unique design elements. The finalist receiving the most votes in each category will be announced on March 1, 2018.
Don’t forget to view all the finalists and vote for your favorite!