SARA (Situational Awareness and Response Assistant) from Status Solutions is a risk management solution and mass notification system that can integrate alarm systems. Situational awareness is a risk management strategy and a technology framework for improving life safety, security, environmental monitoring, and mass notification.
With SARA, any organization can improve communication, workflow, and service through automated alerting— especially in the event of an emergency. If you can read, hear, and see what’s happening in real time, you can do something about it. From a blown fuse to a life-and-death scenario, SARA helps prevent operational disruptions and speeds emergency response. Real-time and historical reports then let users analyze response times and protocols to identify problems and make improvements to prevent loss of life, property, business, and convenience or comfort.
SARA is an automated alerting engine that integrates stand-alone alarm and communication systems for centralized monitoring, alerting, and reporting. Such unification ensures that critical data is delivered to the right people so they can address an unfolding situation in the right way. Inefficient, stand-alone alarms are converted into real-time, detailed notifications to key individuals, select groups/response teams, or entire populations via the designated communication end points. SARA’s modes and actions automatically set alerting/mass notification in motion when a triggering event occurs, according to user protocols and escalation paths. Existing networks, sensors, and devices work together, without silos, to improve communication and information flow. Such interoperability also means that legacy systems do not have to be ripped out and replaced.
Status Solutions works with each customer and its business partners to design a reliable, scalable, and sustainable SARA system for maximum performance, minimal maintenance, and easy administration. The inputs and outputs will differ based on the customer environment, but the goal is to prevent ignorance-based loss by ensuring that awareness transactions—alerts—are delivered to the people who need to know what’s happening, where it’s happening, and what to do about it. Following the discovery process, the company will determine the best design for a user’s situational awareness framework to produce desired outcomes.
SARA’s risk management capabilities include:
- Centralized monitoring, alerting, and reporting for all life safety, security, and environmental monitoring systems
- Mass notification capabilities and services to broadcast real-time emergency alerts plus general announcements, courtesy reminders, and other content
- Local or premise-based mobile duress with approximate location data through vector mapping
- Wide-area mobile duress with GPS tracking, advanced fall detection, and hands-free, two-way talk
- Desktop alerts, including color-coded text and audio
- Video paging to desktops, including live video from integrated security cameras
- Mobile dashboards for built-in, seamless situational awareness on the go
- Digital signage via CCTV
- Self-service via online, mobile, and kiosk options
- Predictive analytics to predict future risks through more personal, proactive, and predictive alerting and reporting
- Assignment of point-of-care alerts to clinician/caregiver mobile devices