Hydro Systems, an independent manufacturer of chemical proportioning and dispensing systems, introduced Hydro Connect, its cloud-based Internet of Things (IoT) platform. Hydro Connect offers chemical providers and end users increased visibility into their operations, optimizes production, reduces cost, and increases customer satisfaction.
“With Hydro Connect, we aim to solve real business problems through a total solutions approach,” said Serge Joris, President and CEO of Hydro Systems. “We pride ourselves on being applications experts, and connectivity is key to enabling value-added services for our customers, all the way from the time of implementation through after-sales support.”
Hydro Connect will be introduced to the industrial laundry market first, with products in facility cleaning not far behind. Built on the Microsoft Azure platform, Hydro Connect populates data generated from the Dositec Central Dosing Systems, currently operating in industrial laundries worldwide. Data transmits from the unit to the Hydro Connect system using a 3G Cellular Modem and a 250 MB/month data package.
Hydro Connect is scalable and transmits data to the cloud in a number of ways, including cellular, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth, depending the environment. Current Hydro Connect capabilities allow customers and end users to log in and view professional laundry reports in seconds. This reduces time-consuming data uploads, manipulation in Microsoft Excel, and the use of a proprietary software package. The flexibility of Hydro Connect makes it a valuable tool for both tactical, day-to-day monitoring and monthly summaries to management.
Hydro Connect also offers insight on:
- Alarm reporting. Proactively view alarms to rapidly eliminate abnormal conditions that drive profit loss.
- Eliminate the use of out-of-date paper logs to document the number of pounds or loads run in a facility.
- Simplify and improve the accuracy of billing procedures with metered usage reports on chemical product and formula.
- Quickly access a snapshot of the chemical cost by formula to actively manage and improve unprofitable formulas or accounts.
- Observations/Recommendations. Eliminate hours of data manipulation and analysis. For a minimal charge, a Hydro expert will review the monthly data and provide recommendations to help reduce rewash and optimize cleaning results.
“Industrial laundry is a natural, inaugural environment,” said John Goetz, Global Product Manager at Hydro Systems. “These sites produce high volumes of data and use large amounts of chemical, energy, water, and labor. Hydro Connect can help industrial laundries harness, analyze, and use this data to cut back on wasted product, emergency maintenance calls, and expensive repairs.”