The RIDGID® NXT wet/dry vacs line of 6, 12, 14, and 16 gallon models recently underwent an ergonomic makeover, with enhanced features designed to make job site cleanup easier.
“Job site cleanup is never a fun task for the professional, and it’s one that can often slow down a job. RIDGID wet/dry vacs have always been known for their superior pickup performance; we wanted to see if there were new ways we could make the cleanup process better,” said Sabrina Witkowski, RIDGID Global Marketing Manager. “Working alongside professionals in the field helped us discover some clear ease-of-use innovations that could help tradespeople get on to the next job faster.”
- A front-to-back top carry handle for more comfortable grab-and-go maneuverability
- Added comfort-grip side handles for extra ease in lifting, carrying, or emptying the vac
- A new drum key and side latches that create a tighter lid-to-drum seal to securely keep dirt, dust, and debris inside the vac
- A larger on/off switch for easier operation with gloved hands
- A built-in cord wrap to more neatly store the cord for transport
All of the vacs also include a new ultra-flexible locking hose that won’t pull loose and is four times more durable than a standard hose. The 12, 14, and 16 gallon models include an updated utility nozzle that delivers a 77% increase in pickup power.
Each NXT Vac is still backed by the RIDGID Full Lifetime Warranty and comes with features like Scroll Noise Reduction®, a patented sound reduction technology that provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac. The QwikLock® Filter Fastening System allows for quick and easy filter installation and removal without tools or fasteners. The 12, 14, and 16 gallon NXT vacs are also OSHA/HEPA compliant when used as a system with RIDGID VF6500RT OSHA Table 1 and HEPA Compatible Filtration Kits.