Makita U.S.A., Inc., a manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, announced a new initiative to pursue the janitorial and sanitation industry. The initiative focuses on Makita’s expanding line of cordless cleaning products and is supported by a comprehensive new microsite.
Solutions for the Janitorial and Sanitation Industry
Makita provides cordless solutions for a variety of applications, all on one platform. Makita® Cordless Cleaning Products are suitable for use in schools, hospitals, offices, retail, hotels, and more.
“We offer a variety of cleaning equipment utilizing our innovative battery and brushless motor technology to increase product run time and extend the life of the motor,” affirms Jenny Feng, senior product manager. “Features such as faster charge, lighter weight, and quieter motor allow users to complete their cleaning tasks quicker, with less strain and less disruption to the surrounding area.”
Makita LXT® Cordless Backpack Vacuums, Compact Vacuums, Canister Vacuums, Industrial Robotic Vacuums, Blowers, and Accessories utilize Makita’s 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries and BL™ Brushless Motor technology. With one system, users can go from vacuuming to blowing for maximum productivity.
This week Makita is exhibiting at the ISSA trade show in Las Vegas with a full range of cordless cleaning products, including the following:
Cordless Backpack Vacuums
- XCV09 – 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Cordless ½ Gallon HEPA Filter Backpack Dry Vacuum: With two 5.0Ah 18V lithium-ion batteries, the XCV09 delivers up to 116 minutes of continuous operation and weighs 9.9 pounds with batteries. It features an adjustable harness to provide comfort and accommodate multiple statures.
- XCV17 – 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 1.6 Gal. HEPA Backpack Dry Vacuum (coming soon): The new XCV17 combines performance and capacity at a lower weight for mobile cleaning. It’s powered by two 18V batteries for up to 139 minutes of continuous operation (normal setting), has a full 1.6 gallon capacity, and weighs 15 pounds with batteries.
Cordless Compact Vacuums
- XLC03 – 18V LXT® Cordless Vacuum: Available in black and white variations, the XLC03 features a direct-disposal canister and trigger with lock. The Makita-built motor delivers up to 49 CFM, 25″ of lift, and 33 minutes of run time.
- XLC04 – 18V LXT® Brushless 3-Speed Vacuum: The XLC04 is black with a transparent teal, direct-
disposal canister and features a 3-speed push button switch. The Makita-built motor delivers up to 53 CFM, 31″ of lift, and 83 minutes of run time with a 5.0Ah battery (sold separately).
- XLC05 – 18V LXT® Brushless 3-Speed Vacuum: The XLC05 is available in white with 3-speed push button switch. This model offers both a reusable and disposable dust bag option. The Makita-built motor delivers up to 53 CFM, 31″ of lift, and 83 minutes of run time with a 5.0Ah battery (sold separately).
- XCV04 and XCV13 – 18V X2 (36V) LXT® HEPA Filter Dry Dust Extractor/Vacuum: These versatile cordless and corded canister vacuums feature a 3-Stage HEPA Filtration System. On cordless operation, the XCV04 and XCV13 have an air flow rate of 74 CFM, static water lift of 36″, and up to 65 minutes of run time.
- XCV06 and XCV14 – 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Wet/Dry Vacuum: Makita’s cordless wet/dry vacuums offer up to 75 minutes of continuous run time and 66dB(A) noise level. The XCV06 (2 gal.) and XCV14 (4 gal.) have an air flow rate of 74 CFM and cloth filter.
- VC4210L – 11 Gal. Wet/Dry Dust Extractor/Vacuum with HEPA Filter (coming soon): The new VC4210L features a 12 AMP motor, which generates 148 CFM and 92″ of water lift. The motor chamber is constructed of sound-absorbing materials resulting in a quiet operating sound level of 60 dB(A).
- DRC200 – 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Robotic Vacuum: Clear large spaces with the DRC200, a state-of-the-art commercial robotic vacuum. Innovative guidance technology increases productivity and brushless motor provides up to 200 minutes of run time with two 18V LXT 5.0Ah Batteries.
- DUB182 – 18V LXT Blower: This portable and compact 3.9 pound cordless blower has a maximum air velocity of 179 MPH and air volume of 91 CFM.
- DUB183 – 18V LXT Blower: The DUB183 features a long nozzle attachment to direct air flow and has an air velocity of 116 MPH and air volume of 91 CFM.
- XBU03 – 18V LXT® Brushless Blower: Available in black and white variations, the XLC03 features
a direct-disposal canister and trigger with lock. The Makita-built motor delivers up to 49 CFM, 25″ of lift, and 33 minutes of run time.
The Makita LXT Cordless System, the largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries, provides users with advanced and durable 18V products. Four key components work together to create the LXT Advantage: fast-charging LXT batteries, a Rapid Optimum Charger, brushless motors, and Star Protection Computer Controls™ for improved tool performance and extended battery life.
New Janitorial and Sanitation Microsite
The new microsite is aimed to inform facility maintenance managers, contract cleaners, buyers, dealers, and others in the janitorial and sanitation industry about the wide range of Makita Cordless Cleaning Products. It features a clean design with in-depth videos, up-to-date information, and the benefits of using Makita LXT Cordless technology.
“By creating a microsite focused on janitorial and facilities maintenance,” said Brent Withey, vice president of marketing, brand, “we can go deeper on our best-in-class cordless products and the innovative features that define them.”