During the COVID-19 pandemic, rigorous cleanliness mattered more than ever before and became essential for all public spaces to help mitigate the spread of infectious diseases. Though we are emerging from the pandemic, many still want to maintain the higher standards of clean that became the new normal. In fact, a recent survey showed that a majority of American adults are concerned about the cleanliness of businesses they frequent most, as well as the cleanliness of their workplaces.
- Roughly three in five U.S. adults (57%) are more concerned about the cleanliness of a business they frequent due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and over half of U.S. adults (56%) have thought about how clean a business/public space is in the past two years more than ever before.
- Americans want proof businesses are disinfecting. Over half (51%) say they’d be more likely to frequent a business if it provided evidence their facility has been properly disinfected.
- The majority of Americans (82%) would do or say something if a business wasn’t cleaned to their standards.
- More than half of Americans (60%) would not return to a business if it wasn’t cleaned to their standards.
Taking Extra Measures In Office Spaces Could Provide More Peace Of Mind
- Half of Americans (50%) believe it’s important that extra measures, like providing proof surfaces have been disinfected or hiring certified cleaning staff, are taken to keep their office space clean.
- Americans want to feel comfortable in their office buildings – over two in five respondents (44%) would feel more comfortable working in an office building post-pandemic if it was cleaned by cleanliness experts.
∗ YouGov Plc, online survey of 2,504 US Adults. 23-27 June 2022.
Given consumers’ increased demand for cleanliness, ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association is helping facility managers Rethink What Clean Means. We’re shining a light on what makes a space truly clean and supporting facility managers and key decision makers in their efforts to elevate their standards of cleanliness. Because boosting consumer confidence—and comfort—in the cleanliness of your space can ultimately help boost your bottom line.
ISSA membership is tailored to help you maintain the level of cleanliness that matters to consumers — and we’ve got the certifications and standards so you can prove it.
- Certifications and Standards
- From indoor air quality to infectious disease mitigation, ISSA programs will ensure your facility complies with leading industry standards for cleaning excellence and efficiency.
- Education and Training
- With both virtual and in-person learning opportunities, facility managers and cleaning staff can stay up to date on the latest best practices for cleaning, disinfecting, and more.
- Budget and Resource Management Tools
- From staffing to inventory management, ISSA proprietary tools allow managers to properly plan for facility cleaning and upkeep, helping to improve efficiency and take control of costs.
Become a member of ISSA to Rethink What Clean Means and discover how cleaning to the highest standard can help you achieve your business goals at Rethinkclean.org/business.