Trane’s In Server Row Solutions is an energy-efficient cooling product for data centers and computer rooms.
The cool high-density server racks for data centers and computer rooms manage hot spots in a targeted way. Available in two configurations, including a direct expansion (DX) computer room air conditioner (CRAC) and a chilled water (CW) computer room air handler (CRAH) supporting open-, hot-, and cold-aisle applications.
- Open aisle – In an open aisle configuration, the units draw hot air from the external environment or hot aisle, remove the heat, and supply cooled air to the front of the IT equipment in the cold aisle.
- Hot aisle – Hot aisle containment captures hot exhaust air from IT equipment and prevents it from mixing with cool air. In this scenario, the In Server Row Units draw the contained hot air from the hot aisle, remove the heat, and supply the cooled air into the external cold aisle.
- Cold aisle – In this configuration, the units draw hot air from the external environment, remove the heat, and supply cooled air back into the cold aisle, where it is contained to prevent it from mixing with hot air.
The energy-efficient cool high-density server racks help protect data center and computer room equipment from overheating by precisely directing the air and adjusting temperature levels where and when needed, thus maximizing production uptime.
Additional features include:
- Three-width and two-depth options to fit a variety of footprints on the floor and accommodate tight spaces without a raised floor.
- Variable speed fans that minimize energy consumption.
- Water-side economizer and indirect dynamic cooling to maximize potential savings.
- Expansive reach to cool up to six server cabinets per unit.
- Front- and rear-unit access for easy installation and maintenance.
- Compatibility with racks produced by other manufacturers.