Major Leage Baseball team Philadelphia Phillies has expanded the use of environmentally preferable cleaning products and practices at its 43,500 seat Citizens Bank Park following a new agreement with xpedx, a cleaning supplies and equipment distributor with locations across the U.S.
The six year relationship between xpedx and the Phillies continues to evolve with this agreement under which xpedx is the preferred distributor of facility supplies to the 2008 World Champion Phillies and Citizens Bank Park.
Ross Leiman, operations manager for Global Spectrum at Citizens Bank Park, said the logistics capabilities, strong customer service, and broad range of branded products from xpedx helps the Phillies maximize quality of care for the ballpark, reduce the use of harsh chemicals, increase cleaning efficiency, and tightly manage total costs.
One of the products used at Citizens Bank Park is JohnsonDiversey’s Alpha-HP Multi-Surface Cleaner, which uses a patented new hydrogen peroxide-based technology, and is Green Seal certified. “This is the kind of product that provides strong benefits to owners and managers of large, high-traffic facilities—products like this are safe for the environment and also deliver healthy, high-performance cleaning,” said John Hardin, JohnsonDiversey’s area vice president for corporate distribution. “Through xpedx, we can provide a total cleaning program, including green cleaning practices, that get a facility looking its best at very competitive pricing.”
The agreement between xpedx and the Phillies specifies that xpedx will supply products and equipment that are environmentally preferable, including towels, tissues, hand soap, trash can liners, floor and carpet care cleaners, and equipment and other janitorial supplies designed to have minimal impact on the environment through one or more of the following: reduced product waste, increased use of recycled content, and reduced use of cleaning chemicals, water and packaging materials.
xpedx, which represents major manufacturers including Kimberly-Clark, JohnsonDiversey, Tennant, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, and Heritage Bag, will supply environmentally responsible products from each company’s “green” portfolio.
Under the terms of the contract, xpedx will provide training and on-site support to the Phillies ballpark staff as well as facility manager Global Spectrum. Cincinnati, OH-based xpedx serves the Philadelphia market from its Mid-Atlantic regional headquarters.
“Citizens Bank Park looks as great today as when it first opened five years ago,” said Gary Henderson, xpedx sales manager for the greater Philadelphia market. “That’s significant, considering more than three million people visit the ballpark every year.”
“We can help facility owners and managers increase overall cleaning effectiveness and get a higher return on their total spending while they reduce environmental impact,” explained Michael Feenan, vice president of marketing-high traffic facilities for xpedx. “That’s a winning combination of benefits.”
(Bottom photo: http://phillies.com)
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Stainless Steel Mounting Posts by Camden Door Controls