The Energy Calculator provides a list of pre-defined Lighting Control Measures (LCMs) that help users compare different control methods to identify how best to achieve additional maximum energy lighting savings. These LCMs include: pairing an occupancy sensor with an on/off wall switch; bi-level switching; bi-level switching with Auto-on 50%; or bi-level switching using Auto-on 50% with daylighting.
Energy savings percentages are based on third party published documents and research from the Department of Energy (DOE), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Lighting Research Center (LRC), the California Lighting Technology Center (CLTC), and other industry case studies. The company notes that future versions of this tool will include calculations for plug/receptacle load control, daylighting, and time-based controls.
The Energy Calculator offers two assessment levels—Quick Assessment and Full Assessment. The Quick Assessment allows users to enter a minimal amount of information and calculate potential energy savings for a single room in a lighting system project with lighting controls. The Full Assessment presents anticipated savings using lighting controls and updated lighting, anticipated energy usage, and return on investment (ROI) for an entire building project. Users can perform this assessment for multiple projects and retain data for future reference.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades