The Energy Calculator provides a list of pre-defined Lighting Control Measures (LCMs) that help users compare different control methods to identify how best to achieve additional maximum energy lighting savings. These LCMs include: pairing an occupancy sensor with an on/off wall switch; bi-level switching; bi-level switching with Auto-on 50%; or bi-level switching using Auto-on 50% with daylighting.
Energy savings percentages are based on third party published documents and research from the Department of Energy (DOE), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Lighting Research Center (LRC), the California Lighting Technology Center (CLTC), and other industry case studies. The company notes that future versions of this tool will include calculations for plug/receptacle load control, daylighting, and time-based controls.
The Energy Calculator offers two assessment levels—Quick Assessment and Full Assessment. The Quick Assessment allows users to enter a minimal amount of information and calculate potential energy savings for a single room in a lighting system project with lighting controls. The Full Assessment presents anticipated savings using lighting controls and updated lighting, anticipated energy usage, and return on investment (ROI) for an entire building project. Users can perform this assessment for multiple projects and retain data for future reference.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?