NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: Energy Calculator From WattStopper
The Energy Calculator provides a list of pre-defined Lighting Control Measures (LCMs) that help users compare different control methods to identify how best to achieve additional maximum energy lighting savings. These LCMs include: pairing an occupancy sensor with an on/off wall switch; bi-level switching; bi-level switching with Auto-on 50%; or bi-level switching using Auto-on 50% with daylighting.
Energy savings percentages are based on third party published documents and research from the Department of Energy (DOE), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Lighting Research Center (LRC), the California Lighting Technology Center (CLTC), and other industry case studies. The company notes that future versions of this tool will include calculations for plug/receptacle load control, daylighting, and time-based controls.
The Energy Calculator offers two assessment levels—Quick Assessment and Full Assessment. The Quick Assessment allows users to enter a minimal amount of information and calculate potential energy savings for a single room in a lighting system project with lighting controls. The Full Assessment presents anticipated savings using lighting controls and updated lighting, anticipated energy usage, and return on investment (ROI) for an entire building project. Users can perform this assessment for multiple projects and retain data for future reference.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices