BOMA To Renew Floor Measurement Standard
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is beginning the process of renewing the designation of an American National Standard; the process involves BOMA’s long respected floor measurement standard for offices, Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area. The office standard was first published by BOMA in 1915 and was officially an accredited American National Standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) starting in 1956.
In regaining ANSI’s accreditation and as part of the process, BOMA is soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the standard should be accredited by ANSI. The balloting will begin on March 15, 2010 and will conclude on May 15, 2010. BOMA is also soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement should be an ANSI accredited measurement standard. Like the office standard the balloting will begin on March 15 and will conclude on May 15, 2010.
This initiation of the process to renew the ANSI designation for the Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area standard and to obtain the ANSI designation for the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement standard marks the second step of the development of six new floor measurement standards by BOMA and its partners in the real estate industry including those for retail, multi-unit residential, mixed-use, industrial, office, and gross measured building area.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings