The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is beginning the process of renewing the designation of an American National Standard; the process involves BOMA’s long respected floor measurement standard for offices, Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area. The office standard was first published by BOMA in 1915 and was officially an accredited American National Standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) starting in 1956.
In regaining ANSI’s accreditation and as part of the process, BOMA is soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the standard should be accredited by ANSI. The balloting will begin on March 15, 2010 and will conclude on May 15, 2010. BOMA is also soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement should be an ANSI accredited measurement standard. Like the office standard the balloting will begin on March 15 and will conclude on May 15, 2010.
This initiation of the process to renew the ANSI designation for the Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area standard and to obtain the ANSI designation for the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement standard marks the second step of the development of six new floor measurement standards by BOMA and its partners in the real estate industry including those for retail, multi-unit residential, mixed-use, industrial, office, and gross measured building area.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional