The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is beginning the process of renewing the designation of an American National Standard; the process involves BOMA’s long respected floor measurement standard for offices, Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area. The office standard was first published by BOMA in 1915 and was officially an accredited American National Standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) starting in 1956.
In regaining ANSI’s accreditation and as part of the process, BOMA is soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the standard should be accredited by ANSI. The balloting will begin on March 15, 2010 and will conclude on May 15, 2010. BOMA is also soliciting any persons with an interest in voting on whether the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement should be an ANSI accredited measurement standard. Like the office standard the balloting will begin on March 15 and will conclude on May 15, 2010.
This initiation of the process to renew the ANSI designation for the Office Buildings: Standard Methods of Measurement and Calculating Rentable Area standard and to obtain the ANSI designation for the Gross Areas of a Building: Methods of Measurement standard marks the second step of the development of six new floor measurement standards by BOMA and its partners in the real estate industry including those for retail, multi-unit residential, mixed-use, industrial, office, and gross measured building area.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention