Nearly all Kimball Office products are now finished with Pura(TM), the manufacturer’s proprietary, water based, ultraviolet finish, which includes virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and meets or exceeds indoor air quality (IAQ) standards provided by LEED rating systems and the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA).
Pura is available on nearly all Kimball Office wood product lines, including: Definition(R), Fluent(R), Footprint(R), Priority(R), Aspire(R) tables (shown here), and other conferencing solutions. Like other finishes from the manufacturer, Pura’s durability and clarity still allow for the wood’s natural appearance to show through.
“For 40 years, Kimball Office has aimed to provide clients with sustainable, quality products, and now by incorporating Pura into nearly all wood product lines, we are helping further improve the indoor air quality in workplace settings,” said Steven Brewster, sustainability director for Kimball Office, which is based in Jasper, IN. “Matching existing Kimball Office finishes and protection from pen imprint and scratches are a few signatures of Pura, which is available with no additional charge.”
In addition to providing improved IAQ, Pura’s composition allows for less energy intensive finish processes to help reduce Kimball’s carbon footprint. Because Pura is water based and robotically applied, material overspray can be recovered and reformulated with pure water, to circulate back into the system with new finish.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention