NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Pura Finish On Kimball Office Products
Nearly all Kimball Office products are now finished with Pura(TM), the manufacturer’s proprietary, water based, ultraviolet finish, which includes virtually no volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and meets or exceeds indoor air quality (IAQ) standards provided by LEED rating systems and the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA).
Pura is available on nearly all Kimball Office wood product lines, including: Definition(R), Fluent(R), Footprint(R), Priority(R), Aspire(R) tables (shown here), and other conferencing solutions. Like other finishes from the manufacturer, Pura’s durability and clarity still allow for the wood’s natural appearance to show through.
“For 40 years, Kimball Office has aimed to provide clients with sustainable, quality products, and now by incorporating Pura into nearly all wood product lines, we are helping further improve the indoor air quality in workplace settings,” said Steven Brewster, sustainability director for Kimball Office, which is based in Jasper, IN. “Matching existing Kimball Office finishes and protection from pen imprint and scratches are a few signatures of Pura, which is available with no additional charge.”
In addition to providing improved IAQ, Pura’s composition allows for less energy intensive finish processes to help reduce Kimball’s carbon footprint. Because Pura is water based and robotically applied, material overspray can be recovered and reformulated with pure water, to circulate back into the system with new finish.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ