Thomas & Betts recently introduced the Emergi-Lite® Nexus® Emergency Lighting Management System to assist facility managers (fms) in their daily operations. The system provides real time status of the entire emergency lighting and exit sign system, runs system diagnostics, performs required monthly and annual functional tests, generates maintenance logs, and runs compliance reports from a central control unit. Additionally, the Emergi-Lite Nexus Emergency Lighting Management System operates independently of the emergency lighting and exit sign, so that it does not interfere with the operation of the lighting system or disrupt the power supply. The system also provides more accurate data than what is gathered through manual methods, which are subject to human error.
Available in both wired and wireless versions, the product is flexible, making it easy to install. The system user is able to manage the installation by installing and removing components, testing and monitoring the system, and managing maintenance activities, enabling the reduction of maintenance time and costs.
The wired version, which operates in real time, uses a dedicated data cable network for areas where wireless communication is not possible. Any changes of the status of network components are indicated by changes in their icon’s color in the Nexus Wired Emergency Lighting Monitoring System window. It can test and report on the status of the entire emergency lighting in an installation individually, in groups, or all together. The wireless version offers many of the same features. However, it uses radio frequency communication and 900 MHz mesh networking technology to penetrate dense building materials, including masonry walls.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention