2011 Edition of X7.1 Furniture Emissions Standard
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has approved the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA M7.1-2011 Standard Test Method for Determining VOC Emissions from Office Furniture Systems, Components, and Seating; and also the new edition of ANSI/BIFMA X7.1-2011 Standard for Formaldehyde and TVOC Emissions of Low-emitting Office Furniture and Seating. Copies of the new editions are available from BIFMA immediately.
The BIFMA Furniture Emissions Subcommittee worked diligently to incorporate several improvements into the Standard Test Methods such as: expanding the use of small scale chamber testing; defining compliance requirements for individual items; expanding use of the power-law to predict emissions from test data at three and seven days to 14 days; adding examples to make applying the standards easier; to support the emissions credits in the BIFMA e3 sustainability standard; and multiple technical and analysis refinements to decrease variation and/or increase harmonization with other standards (ASTM, ISO, etc.).
To order copies of the new standard, visit this link.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ