NEW PRODUCT FLASH: TPS Bed Detection from CEDES
Visitors and employees in healthcare facilities often wait for elevators only to see that a patient bed is occupying the elevator they’ve been waiting for. Whether a visitor or employee, people would like to get to their destinations as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, a bedbound patient being brought to the operating room or perhaps to another ward needs something else too—a bit of privacy. It can be uncomfortable for such a patient if, on repeated floors, strangers end up staring inside the elevator and/or crowd around the bed in the little space there is left.
CEDES has developed a sensor solution that eliminates the frustration that can arise when a bed laden elevator stops on various floors, even though there is little or no place for additional passengers. The simple, yet effective, system comprises installing three TPS sensors in the ceiling of an elevator, with an evaluation unit mounted on its roof.
The triangulation sensors monitor the inside of the elevator car and emit two independent beams. This allows the sensors to distinguish between passengers and large objects such as beds—based on the differences in height. When a bed is detected, the sensors tell the elevator controls to send the elevator directly to the floor selected by the person accompanying the bed. This eliminates unnecessary stops in between and spares waiting passengers additional frustration.
The TPS bed detection system ensures increased privacy and comfort for bed-bound patients travelling between floors. And no key switch, transponder card, or destination selection control is necessary. This product, which reliably identifies the presence of a bed in an elevator, is being successfully operated in several major hospitals.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices