Solatube International, Inc., a manufacturer of tubular daylighting devices, has introduced the SkyVault Series M74 DS, designed specifically for high bay commercial facility applications.
This new product is geared for use in large volume spaces with high ceilings, such as airports, convention centers, lobbies, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and retail centers.
Features of the SkyVault include a 29″ diameter opening to the sky. This represents an increase in aperture and collection capability over the Solatube SolaMaster® series, which means this product allows more light to enter a facility.
More daylight means higher daytime illuminance and/or greater spacing between units—resulting in fewer roof penetrations. The increased daylight that is collected using SkyVault means the systems provide maximum output while minimizing impact on the building envelope and reducing installation costs. Other features of the new SkyVault include:
- temperature control with insulated and sealed curb-mounted roof assemblies that minimize heat gain/heat loss through the roof (dual dome option improves thermal efficiency even more) and which are designed to integrate into a facility’s vapor barrier;
- reduces glare and minimizes traveling hot spots below that are common with traditional skylights;
- the Tab-Lock Connection System, Tube Belts, and Pre-assembled roof and diffuser modules to help simplify installation and significantly reduce labor costs; and
- minimal packaging, resulting in lower shipping costs and less waste (helps address LEED construction waste management requirements).
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event