Solatube International, Inc., a manufacturer of tubular daylighting devices, has introduced the SkyVault Series M74 DS, designed specifically for high bay commercial facility applications.
This new product is geared for use in large volume spaces with high ceilings, such as airports, convention centers, lobbies, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, and retail centers.
Features of the SkyVault include a 29″ diameter opening to the sky. This represents an increase in aperture and collection capability over the Solatube SolaMaster® series, which means this product allows more light to enter a facility.
More daylight means higher daytime illuminance and/or greater spacing between units—resulting in fewer roof penetrations. The increased daylight that is collected using SkyVault means the systems provide maximum output while minimizing impact on the building envelope and reducing installation costs. Other features of the new SkyVault include:
- temperature control with insulated and sealed curb-mounted roof assemblies that minimize heat gain/heat loss through the roof (dual dome option improves thermal efficiency even more) and which are designed to integrate into a facility’s vapor barrier;
- reduces glare and minimizes traveling hot spots below that are common with traditional skylights;
- the Tab-Lock Connection System, Tube Belts, and Pre-assembled roof and diffuser modules to help simplify installation and significantly reduce labor costs; and
- minimal packaging, resulting in lower shipping costs and less waste (helps address LEED construction waste management requirements).
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects