One of my older cousins is a demolition expert. He makes a living blowing up buildings. As a kid, I never quite understood the significance of this job, even though my dad was a civil engineer early in his career.
This sequence may have few repetitions and embellishments, but it is a tribute to demolitions done well (unlike the Demolition Fail I posted here back in January). Some of these explosions/implosions are spectacular illustrations of how facility managers feel when frustrated by their buildings. (Great music by The Prodigy too!)
(The one at the 30 second mark is quite beautiful, in my opinion!)
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?