SecureLock is a 2’x 2’ lay-in panel system for minimum security areas that need a tamper resistant ceiling that can withstand up to 850 pounds and a minimum of 430 pounds of force. Manufactured from 18-gauge galvanized steel for strength and durability, the panels install into an Armstrong Prelude® heavy-duty suspension system.
The other option is SecureLock Plus, a screw-in plank system for maximum security areas that require a tamper proof ceiling capable of withstanding 960 pounds to 3,100 pounds of force and 600 impacts with 200 ft.-pounds of energy.
Manufactured from 12, 14, and 16-gauge galvanized steel, the planks are available in 12”, 18” and 24” widths and up to 10’ lengths. This system is also available in custom sizes and colors to meet design requirements.
Control Access To Plenums
These security ceiling systems incorporate concealed locking mechanisms and are used to prevent individuals from leaving a space or from storing contraband in the ceiling plane. Typical applications include correctional facilities such as jails, detention centers and prisons, judicial facilities and courthouses, psychiatric and juvenile wards in healthcare facilities, and a variety of transportation, retail, and education installations.
Both SecureLock system types are offered in perforated and unperforated options. When backed with an acoustical infill, the perforated ceilings attain a Noise Reduction Coefficent (NRC) of 0.80 (they absorb 80% of the sound that strikes them).
Both system types have also been tested according to proposed ASTM WK90902 Load and Impact Test: “Standard test method for physical assault on overhead fixed barriers for detention and correctional facilities.” Test reports are available from Armstrong.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?