Q. I really enjoyed and found your article, “What’s Up With Apps?” (by Troy Burwell, July 2011) very interesting. I work for a relatively small manufacturing facility that employs about 500 and has some state of the art manufacturing processes and technology. The technology from building maintenance to individual manufacturing equipment comes with all types of data to support its functions.
This data is becoming more and more difficult to manage and also mine for proper operational conditions. It would be nice in the future if a central deposited center could be created to manage these systems with easy access.
Do you know of a resource that would work with our many different operating systems (building and equipment) and compile this information to a central point for viewing and alarms conditions?
Share your feedback and suggestions in the LEAVE A COMMENT section below.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts