Datacom technology has short product cycles and frequent equipment updates. In contrast, datacom facilities and their HVAC systems typically have long life cycles. This mismatch of cycles means that a datacom facility’s design must be flexible enough to respond quickly to the changing needs of datacom equipment.
Based on the latest information from all the leading datacom equipment manufacturers, the newly published second edition of ASHRAE’s Datacom Equipment Power Trends and Cooling Applications provides new and expanded datacom equipment power trend charts to allow datacom facility designers to more accurately predict future datacom equipment loads of facilities and provides ways of applying the trend information to datacom facility designs today. Trends for individual components supplement the previous trend information, providing an understanding of the forces driving overall information technology equipment (ITE) power consumption.
“This second edition focuses on helping planners, designers, and operators develop solutions that are more affordable today yet include provisions for future generations of IT equipment by providing valuable information on component and equipment trends as well as how to apply them,” said Don Beaty, chair of the publications subcommittee of ASHRAE’s technical committee (TC) 9.9, Mission Critical Facilities, Technology Spaces and Electronic Equipment—the committee that wrote the book.
Chapters include an introduction, background, component power trends, load trends and their application, air cooling of equipment, liquid cooling of equipment, practical example of trends to data center design, and a valuable appendix with practical application examples.
The book is part of the ASHRAE Datacom Series, developed to provide a more comprehensive treatment of datacom cooling and related subjects. The cost of Datacom Equipment Power Trends and Cooling Applications is $54 ($46, ASHRAE members). To order, visit the ASHRAE bookstore.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?