ASHRAE Updates Datacom Power Book
Datacom technology has short product cycles and frequent equipment updates. In contrast, datacom facilities and their HVAC systems typically have long life cycles. This mismatch of cycles means that a datacom facility’s design must be flexible enough to respond quickly to the changing needs of datacom equipment.
Based on the latest information from all the leading datacom equipment manufacturers, the newly published second edition of ASHRAE’s Datacom Equipment Power Trends and Cooling Applications provides new and expanded datacom equipment power trend charts to allow datacom facility designers to more accurately predict future datacom equipment loads of facilities and provides ways of applying the trend information to datacom facility designs today. Trends for individual components supplement the previous trend information, providing an understanding of the forces driving overall information technology equipment (ITE) power consumption.
“This second edition focuses on helping planners, designers, and operators develop solutions that are more affordable today yet include provisions for future generations of IT equipment by providing valuable information on component and equipment trends as well as how to apply them,” said Don Beaty, chair of the publications subcommittee of ASHRAE’s technical committee (TC) 9.9, Mission Critical Facilities, Technology Spaces and Electronic Equipment—the committee that wrote the book.
Chapters include an introduction, background, component power trends, load trends and their application, air cooling of equipment, liquid cooling of equipment, practical example of trends to data center design, and a valuable appendix with practical application examples.
The book is part of the ASHRAE Datacom Series, developed to provide a more comprehensive treatment of datacom cooling and related subjects. The cost of Datacom Equipment Power Trends and Cooling Applications is $54 ($46, ASHRAE members). To order, visit the ASHRAE bookstore.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.