In anticipation of next week, FacilityBlog is letting managers in on a little secret. It’s a free service called Call-in-Sick which allows workers to send a prerecorded “sickie” request to managers “from anywhere,” and at “any time.” The description continues, “With Call-in-Sick, you can record your sick message the night before then schedule it to be sent directly to your boss’s phone early in the morning without you even getting out of bed!”
Here is the description from the Web site:
* It’s FREE!
* Your caller-id on your outgoing call
* Schedule the call anytime of the day or night.
* Re-record your message and play it back until you have perfected the perfect sick sounding call.
* All calls left on your boss’s phone’s voicemail or answering machine.
* Confirmation delivery of your message sent as a text message to your cell phone.
(I personally tried the example, and it worked.)
So facility managers, be forewarned!