To stimulate new visions for the industry, the International Council of Shopping Centers, Inc. (ICSC) is inviting industry professionals to envision what the architectural innovations of the shopping center of the future will be in 2029 to 2059 through its ‘Future Image’ Architecture Competition.
The ICSC “Future Image” Architecture Competition, which is open to all architecture professionals who are members of ICSC, encourages individuals to envision the shopping environment of the future, to inspire and entertain the retail real estate industry with out-of-the-box, innovative ideas that will progress the current understanding of the shopping experience. Ideas are not limited to design and architecture but may include any aspect—specific or general—of the retail continuum.
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals comprised of: Barry Bergdoll, The Philip Johnson Chief Curator of Architecture & Design at The Museum of Modern Art, and Professor of Architectural History in the Department of Art History and Archaeology at Columbia University; Allison Arieff, New York Times “By Design” columnist and editor at large for Sunset magazine, and Reena Jana, Business Week “Innovation Department” editor and co-author of the book “New Media Art” (Taschen, 2006). These individuals will choose winners in the following areas: The Mall Environment; The Shopping Experience; The Merchandise Mix; Dining and Entertainment; Parking and Transit; Green; and General Brilliance and Innovation.
All submissions in the competition will be exhibited in the Future Image Gallery during ICSC’s annual convention, RECon, in May 2009 in Las Vegas. The winners will be announced at the event. Entries are due by April 20, 2009.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?