Retail Facilities Of The Future
To stimulate new visions for the industry, the International Council of Shopping Centers, Inc. (ICSC) is inviting industry professionals to envision what the architectural innovations of the shopping center of the future will be in 2029 to 2059 through its ‘Future Image’ Architecture Competition.
The ICSC “Future Image” Architecture Competition, which is open to all architecture professionals who are members of ICSC, encourages individuals to envision the shopping environment of the future, to inspire and entertain the retail real estate industry with out-of-the-box, innovative ideas that will progress the current understanding of the shopping experience. Ideas are not limited to design and architecture but may include any aspect—specific or general—of the retail continuum.
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals comprised of: Barry Bergdoll, The Philip Johnson Chief Curator of Architecture & Design at The Museum of Modern Art, and Professor of Architectural History in the Department of Art History and Archaeology at Columbia University; Allison Arieff, New York Times “By Design” columnist and editor at large for Sunset magazine, and Reena Jana, Business Week “Innovation Department” editor and co-author of the book “New Media Art” (Taschen, 2006). These individuals will choose winners in the following areas: The Mall Environment; The Shopping Experience; The Merchandise Mix; Dining and Entertainment; Parking and Transit; Green; and General Brilliance and Innovation.
All submissions in the competition will be exhibited in the Future Image Gallery during ICSC’s annual convention, RECon, in May 2009 in Las Vegas. The winners will be announced at the event. Entries are due by April 20, 2009.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ