To stimulate new visions for the industry, the International Council of Shopping Centers, Inc. (ICSC) is inviting industry professionals to envision what the architectural innovations of the shopping center of the future will be in 2029 to 2059 through its ‘Future Image’ Architecture Competition.
The ICSC “Future Image” Architecture Competition, which is open to all architecture professionals who are members of ICSC, encourages individuals to envision the shopping environment of the future, to inspire and entertain the retail real estate industry with out-of-the-box, innovative ideas that will progress the current understanding of the shopping experience. Ideas are not limited to design and architecture but may include any aspect—specific or general—of the retail continuum.
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals comprised of: Barry Bergdoll, The Philip Johnson Chief Curator of Architecture & Design at The Museum of Modern Art, and Professor of Architectural History in the Department of Art History and Archaeology at Columbia University; Allison Arieff, New York Times “By Design” columnist and editor at large for Sunset magazine, and Reena Jana, Business Week “Innovation Department” editor and co-author of the book “New Media Art” (Taschen, 2006). These individuals will choose winners in the following areas: The Mall Environment; The Shopping Experience; The Merchandise Mix; Dining and Entertainment; Parking and Transit; Green; and General Brilliance and Innovation.
All submissions in the competition will be exhibited in the Future Image Gallery during ICSC’s annual convention, RECon, in May 2009 in Las Vegas. The winners will be announced at the event. Entries are due by April 20, 2009.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts